wanting another baby!! so bad!

bexbaby

Reaction score
hello ladies, I didn't know where to put this thread but here goes anyway. I have a 6 1/2 month old baby boy already and he is absolutely perfect. my first baby also. everything went well through the pregnancy just a few complications but everything went well, perfect birth and now everything is still spot on. but now I want another one. I don't want a huge gap between any of the children I have but I'm just wondering if anyone thinks it's to soon. I feel like now is a good time, we are getting a new house soon me and my OH. I've mentioned it only once to him but got scared and changed the subject just in case Lol. I know he definitely wants another baby but I'm unsure onto how soon. feel free to comment, but nothing nasty please.

Hey hun. Congrats on your 6.5 month old :) My youngest is 8 months old and I'm NTNP, even though some would say use a condom! lol. I have 4 children in total so maybe for me it's a little too much but hey, everyone is different. Anyway, when my first turned 1, I found myself pregnant and it was a NTNP and I was very happy that I was. My cousin said "already? you're pregnant again?" which made me feel bad because I was jumping up and down for joy while he said that. But hey, he's a guy, what would he possibly know? And he's childless soo that could be why. But basically, I don't think anything is wrong with you wanting another. All my kids are close in age. I have a 6 yr old girl, a 4 yr old girl, a 2 yr old boy and an 8 month old boy. The perfect pair and yet I want another. lol. My point is, do what makes you happy. If you want another and your DH is on the same page with you, then go for it. You'll hear a lot of "you won't be able to handle it" and they'll try to make you feel bad by saying things like "your baby boy is going to feel neglected" and "you're not gonna have time for him" and even "he'll become jealous" but believe me, chances are none of that will happen. As long as you show your baby boy attention while you're pregnant and once the baby is born, it won't be a big deal. If you got pregnant now, and your son is 6.5 months old, by the time you give birth he'll already be over a yr old. He'll be walking and he'll be a little more independent. That's how my 6 yr old daughter was. She even helped me and played "mama" many times. She still does haha. Anyways, it will work out just fine. Good luck!

I say do whatever you want and whatever makes you happy!! Who is anyone to tell you its too soon, or that you should wait? It's a completely personal decision. Good Luck!! x x :flower:

Thank you so much for your comment. I really do want another baby, I love being a mum! I'm only 21 years old but I'm so ready for another child. Your age gaps between your children is perfect, I was thinking when I had my little boy 'right wait for a year or 2 for the next one' only because I expected the worst labour and just thought I'd be rubbish at being a mum, but it was and is the total opposite (not blowing my own trumpet) but now as he's here and he's growing up so quick I just want another one. I want a big family :) I'm afraid what my OH will be like though, I know he wants a big family but I don't know how quick he would want another baby. Even though he has mentioned it a good few times. But still its a sore subject I don't want to force him haha. But anyway thank you for your reply and ill tell you how it goes when I have a talk with the OH, hopefully ill be expecting baby number 2 very soon :) x

Absolutely not, if it feels right for you then that's what counts, I have a 19 month age gap between my two (got my positive 2weeks before my sons 1st birthday) and we are NTNP #3 but I am desperate to be pregnant lol so hoping for a similar age gap between these two. My girl is now 7.5 months old. Not that I have good pregnancies I don't, and my little girl now is a very demanding and hard baby, but it doesn't put me off, we always wanted them close and it feels right for us.

I am, sooooo hoping my period doesn't come this month ;-)

Good luck to you Hun x

Well we have spoke a little about having another one today, it was a case of well it is happens it happens and if it does we will both be happy. So yeah I hope in the next few months or so ill be a mummy for the second time. Fingers crossed. Xx

It has to be a mutual decision, and it has to be the decision that's right for you both. I had my first baby and when she was 6m we started TTC #2. We didnt conceive for 6 months so we have a 20m age gap. This time around I was ready to TTC again when my youngest was about 9m, but I'm having a hard time convincing my husband :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->