Wanting some advice please

Missgenuine

Reaction score
Hello, I am new to this website and I am a mother of 2 girls, first was 4 weeks early delivered via C-section and the second was 9 weeks early born naturally but in NICU for 3 weeks post delivery.

I have always had issues with monthly cycles etc. and after having my children was put on Mirena.

I have had this in for approximately 3 years now and had no real problems with it at all. I've had the occasional spot bleeding every few months or so but nothing to comment on.

My concern now is that I am feeling like I am pregnant and am starting to freak out. I am due to go to the Dr but I just wanted to explain my symptoms and see what some of you thought about what could be going on.

Nausea, Weight gain, Frequent urination, Hunger, Increased sweating, fatigue, rounded stomach and general feeling different. Also as I have had two children and 3 unsuccessful pregnancies I have noticed how drs feel the abdomen and when I do this I feel something low down near my pelvic bone that feels similar to that of when I have been pregnant before.

My concern is that as I haven't had a period for a number of months now, and have the Mirena still inserted I am worried what consequences this has and also not sure how far along I may be if at all.....

I have been told that we now our bodies better then any Dr so I generally fell different and am starting to worry...

Any helpful advise would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance

Darnit I just wrote a long reply, then tabbing back from Google hit the X. Oh well, here goes again!

Anyway, hi!

First, call your doc and let them know what you're going through, unless the appointment is specifically for the symptoms. Pregnancy with Mirena is possible and can be dangerous and they'll want to make sure what's going on. Also, have you tested yet? Mirena doesn't interfere with POAS results, from what I've read.

Also, Google "pseudopregnancy," then if you've taken a test and got a negative result, tell yourself that you are not pregnant and that's the end of that (still go see the doc though). I had a period in August where I would have sworn I was pregnant. Very sore boobs to the point where I couldn't sleep, twinges and pains leading up to AF being late and my lower tummy feeling very bloated and tight, and nausea and dizziness. I have never felt like that before. I spent a while on Google and stumbled on that pseudopregnancy, where the woman thinks she's pregnant and so has symptoms up to distended belly and going into labor, but there's no baby. That night I told myself I wasn't pregnant and to stop being silly (after getting a negative test result). The next morning my tummy finally felt normal and AF showed up.

Not saying you're thinking yourself into pregnancy, but you must agree that women who notice a preg symptom are bound to notice more and more the more they think about it!

However it goes, good luck!

Thank you for replying to me.
I did do an at home preg test which came back negative however I have heard that due to having the mirena in , it will override the hormones being registered due to the fact your not spose to be pregnant so it registers as your not?
I have heard of the phantom pregnancy before and I am trying to tell myself im not as I cant afford another baby as im already a single mom to 2....
thanks again for your response and I wish you luck on your journey to motherhood :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->