wanting to have a full pregnancy!!

dannigizmo

mummy to a wee superstar
Reaction score
Think am becoming obsessed ladies with wanting to be pregnant!! I am so grateful to have Emma and got my baby home, eventually, but still weirdly feel cheated that i never got to have a proper pregnancy? Has anyone else felt that way?

Then i get angry at myself for feeling this as some of the parents i got to know at yorkhill didnt get there happy ending and i should just get over it and be grateful for what i have and all the life we can have with Emma!!

Think alot of this is due to what the kidney docs are saying. When i was pregnant and in with possible pre eclampsia they found i only had one kidney and thats why had high blood pressure and ended up with iugr and docs say it likely could happen again so dont get pregnant but other docs at yorkhill said i could and just be closely managed and limit stress (i got married at 5 1/2 months preggers) . So why do i feel like this, cause ave got Emma and would be selfish to risk my life and an unborn child would i not?!!

OOOh i dont know am an idiot lol!! Think its like wanting what you cant have eh!! Sorry for long post, feel know one understands as all my family and pals have had normal healthy pregnancies and babies!! xxx

I know what you mean about feeling cheated. I've seen so many Mum's leave the ward with the baby in the car seat, going straight home, and Alex has spent over 10 weeks in neonatal.

The day after I had her I was actually horrified to find I had no stretchmarks. I felt like a total fraud. The nurses and midwives questioned me in the ward as to whether I really was a patient, the other mums looking in on this single room I was in, hairdrying and straightening my hair like a mad woman.

When really I should have been knackered and looking after my baby. :( and that hurts still.

Its really hard ive had 3 pre-term deliverys now and already been in hospital with this pregnancy ive got a review tommorrow with consultant to see when they are going to deliver me as have problems with placenta failing. You never know your next pregnancy might be totally different :hugs: xx

I havent made a 'proper' announcement on here yet but Im 9 weeks pregnant with our second baby.

Im really nervous too. Im terrified im going to die giving Brooke a sibling!!

Im going to do all I possibly can to relax this pregnancy, and keep my eyes open for all the symptoms. we'll all know what to expect at least-thats definatly a bonus.

I keep telling myself-Iv had the VERY worst-so things can only get better now :thumbup:

Onwards and upwards :flower:

awwwww congrats Donna I got goosebumps there was not expecting that great news, wishing you a healthy and happy pregnancy, as you say you have had THE worst experience and this wee one will be perfect in every way, you know we will keep you company the next remaining 31 weeks as you ARE going to term with this one! xxxxxxx :hugs::happydance:

Dannii i hope Donna's fantastic news and positive attitude helps to resolve some of your anxieties that I also share x

Congratulations Donna. Ahhh, am so jealous :)
Danni I know what you mean about not feeling like you had a 'proper' pregnancy. It's understandable hun xx

I havent made a 'proper' announcement on here yet but Im 9 weeks pregnant with our second baby.

Im going to do all I possibly can to relax this pregnancy, and keep my eyes open for all the symptoms. we'll all know what to expect at least-thats definatly a bonus.

I keep telling myself-Iv had the VERY worst-so things can only get better now :thumbup:

Congrats hun!! Your right, things can only get better and i love your attitude!! Think being positive really helps!!

Just wish i didnt have one kidney, certain docs say 9 out of 10 chance it will all happen exactly the same again. Going to get more opinions in 6 months. As, if i could get pregnant wouldnt want to hang about too long!!! xxx

ahhhhh all your lovely replies made me cry!!! :dohh: Thanks :blush:

Sorry for hijacking your thread dannigizmo :flower:

I just meant to say that I wanted another baby SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO badly the minute Id had Brooke. It was all-consuming, and all I could think about. Im pretty sure that the fact I didnt have a birth or labour is a HUGE factor in that. We wanted children close together anyway so figured now or never.

Iv no idea what the midwives will say when they know Im expecting again, especially after what happened last time. But Im determind to get the care that I deserve this time around-I know what to expect at least!

Positive thoughts ladies-next time, things hopefully will be different for all of us. :hugs:

congratulations Donna, what lovely news!:dance:

Danni, i feel the same about feeling cheated and i would love to experience a term pregnancy and feel normal (ha!). i have to keep telling myself i am so lucky to have Rose after what happened but it still niggles and i guess its a lot lot worse for you hon:hugs:

Congrats!! Oh Im so excited for you!!

Dann - I felt the same way after I had Lakai..I dont know how to explain it...I still feel that way from time to time. Well most of the time, honestly? I am not sure if I want another baby or a complete pregnancy.

And I am not sure how I would even figure that out?
:dohh:

Donna - Congratulations! I am too soooooo jealous!

I too feel like I was cheated, everything you said I have thought and felt. I long to be pregnant again but I am so scared it will happen again. I remember getting really upset when I saw pregnant women with BIG bumps...my bump was tiny. Then there are the junkies and alcoholics with BIG bumps...that really annoys the hell out of me. I long to have the 'perfect' birth too, you know the one where your baby is born and put on your chest...my one was whipped away to re-suss and didn't see him for 5 hours.

They say time is a healer...I am hoping this anyway xxxxx :nope::nope:

I can relate to this one. One minute I was happily lying on the sofa with Abby kicking and doing somersaults and 3 days later it was all over and done with. I remember being at home in the bath (something she always loved and kicked lots with) and feeling so empty. Plus, it had stopped being all about me and I had 3 months of that to go!!

I remember saying to someone at the time "I miss her kicking me" and they said "yeah, all new mums go through that"
"Yes but, most of them have their babies beside them" I said :dohh:

I do very much console myself that the 3 weeks before she was due, the weather was roasting hot, and I was already quite big at 29 weeks so I'd have been huge and pregnant in hot shweaty weather so that's a bonus! I also spent some time in triage with an infected wound and saw and heard many mothers coming in in various stages of labour. I have to say, I'm not sure I'm sorry I missed that!

But I do look forward to doing it all again some day, just perhaps with a little less drama.....:winkwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->