Wanting to start taking coq10 but dosage varies from 200-600mg. What do you take?

live_in_hope

VR miracle Mummy now TTC 3rd (not VR)
Reaction score
hey ladies :wave:

Ive read good things about the positive affects on egg and sperm quality from taking CoQ10 and so me and hubby want to start....the dosage however i am not sure about....its quite varied so wondered what you take and what success/side effects you had if any?

Thanks in advance xx

I'm taking 200-300/day! I started last month with 100/day but upped the dose this cycle. I'm currently 8 dpo so can't comment on the effectiveness quite yet!

fab thank you! Do you take in one go or spread throughout the day? Xx

I take 2 pills x 100mg per day, I just started this cycle but hopefully it's helping those eggies!

well from what ive read it certainly cant do any harm :thumbup: good luck for this cycle! Xx

I take 600mg a day - a 200 mg pill after each time I eat... I just switch to ubiquinol - as it is a pure form of Coq10...

I have a low AMH and everything I have read says it can't hurt... I also take fertilaid for women and DHEA...

Good luck!:thumbup:

thanks hun! :thumbup: so is there much difference between the two? I did read that if you took ubiquinol, you can take a lower dose due to it being the natural form or it may have been the other way around lol I cant remember xx

hmmm well I am still taking 600 but I just started this kind this week... I don't know... it makes since to take a lower dose - but my AMH is so low (last test was .38) that I don't think it can hurt me to take 600 :)

oh i definitely dont think it will hurt, if anything itl be cheaper :haha: spemt a fortune this week :dohh: lol. What is AMH? Xx

anti-mullerian hormone - it basically measures how many eggs you have left ... I am 40 - so this was the first blood test they did on me last year... .38 is bad - basically I have "nonexistent" egg supply... but it doesn't test the quality of the eggs you have... so it only takes one and I am praying my DH and I will catch one eventually!!!

there is controversy over the test - does it just cause unecessary angst?? - and I have read many stories of women getting pregnant with low AMH like mine... so all is not lost - but it makes things harder...

so I am taking supplements that are supposed to help with egg quality - CoQ10 is a big one...

it is really hard to decide what supplements to take - I mean I can spend my paycheck on supplement after supplement... sometimes Dr Google is not a good thing...

I will start Vitex next cycle (if I have one :winkwink:) and vitamin D, Vitamin B - and stop the fertiliaid...so we shall see!!! I also have progesterone cream to help regulate my progesterone after O... I bought it online too...

like I said... too much information can be a bad thing!!! hahaha :happydance:

hehe but sometimes knowledge is power! :thumbup: xxx oh i do hope you get your bfp soon! Sounds like a baby will be cheaper if anything! :haha: lol. Thanks for the info...:thumbup: i hadnt realised they did a test for that! Im 29 but im pretty sure I have a prgestrogen problem...short lps very little/non existant periods...low temps after ov....im going to the doctors next week...but maybe i should get some cream beforehand...if i wait until next week and she says i need some then ive already got it....:thumbup: any cream in particular that you recommend or do they all do the same thing? thanks hun xx
i

Emerita Pro-Gest® Cream -- 4 oz at Vitacost.com

I believe I have a low progesterone problem also - however my dr said she would not prescribe me progesterone until I miscarried :( I am not willing to lose a baby... so I bought my own!!

of course I had to get instructions on how to use it from the ladies on here!! but it seems to be working ok... I am not spotting yet... (I usually do before AF) - AF due Tuesday... hope she stays away!!

let me know if you have any other questions!!:happydance:

ooh yay! And your temps are still up! :thumbup: thank you for your help, i will be sure to check it out! :thumbup: i miscarried last year...maybe thats why :shrug: fancy saying that though.....i wont give you any until you miscarry! Pfft! What about prevention better than cure and all that! Xx

hey hun, how are you doing? When will you test? Xx

i am fighting the urge to test... I am 8 DPO right now... I have no symptoms... I hate seeing BFN's... I am trying to wait till Monday... but I have no idea if I will make it... :)

hey hunny, sorry to see af got you :dohh: i'm at the doctors tomorrow so fingers crossed i get the progeterone cream....i imagine doctors would hate being told their jobs, so i am going to go along the lines of...'my friend had the same problem as me and was told she had a a progesterone deficiency' just to put the thought in her head if it isnt the first thing she thinks of..

So how did th cream work for you? Did it lengthen your lp? Xx.

Yes technically it was longer by one day!! I did spot the day before... but not the five days before....I can say that my temps were higher than ever before and I was in a much better mood while on progesterone cream... if he won't give it to you just order it online!!! I will keep using it because overall there were many positive changes this cycle!!!:thumbup:
Good luck tomorrow :hugs:

thanks hunny :thumbup: yes ive got it waiting in my 'basket' on amazon incase i dont get it...its £25 online but a prescription from the Drs will be £7.75 so hopefully il get it from the doctors :thumbup: im glad it helped loads, im on the vitb complex too so that should play a part in extended my lp too :thubmup: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->