Wanting to stop BF but baby wont take bottle?

Bumparoo

Reaction score
Hi, not sure if this is the right place, but I have exclusivly BF for the first couple months, but its constant and im starting to hate doing it, shes also a fussy eater and will play at the boob and she seems to be a hungry baby, so I have taken the descion to stop BF but she wont take the bottle at all, she has never accepted a dummy and I really dont know what to do! my partner sat there for an hour and half with a bottle of expressed milk but still she screamed, she wont even try to suck on a bottle teat, hes done it when Ive been here or not and still she refuses, she wont take a bottle from me either, we then tried formual but still no, she wont take it!
Has anyone else had problems like this, does anyone have any advice on how to make her take a bottle?

hi, no advice sorry my girl is 10 months and despite trying every sort of bottle and teat and formula she will not take anything other than me.
you could try a sippy cup but ihave had zero luck, started trying when she was about 3 months old.

well Im glad its not just mine, I dont mean to sound bad, but I hear and see of babys switching so easily I was starting to think I have an odd child!! I hadnt thought ofa beaker, Ill have a look, thanks

i had this with my first son. i bf for 6 months and he screamed every time i tried to offer a bottle whether it had expressed milk or forumla. I used to end up in tears every feed. I have no magic answers unfortunately, but i tried all diff bottles and eventually used the tommy tippee closer to nature bottles and used to b/f him then we he was sucking but dozing off to sleep i used to slip the bottle in his mouth and eventually this worked and through sheer perseverance. I know its hard though, but keep trying. Try on the first morning bottle because if baby is sooo hungry after a nite with nothing they may drink it that way.

marie x

Also try NUK teats - they are a funny shape and I know my alex wont touch anything else apart from them!

We're having the same problem.
Matilda is six months old and I thought I was doing the right thing exclusively breastfeeding her but now I want to introduce one bottle a night we are finding it impossible.
We've tried bottles and sippy cups but she doesn't want to know.

We haven't tried first thing in the morning now so that's what we'll do next.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->