Wanting to try for another, but worried...

MissMandieMitz

Mommy of 2 :)
Reaction score
...as to what my family will think?? Anyone else ever worry/worried about this??

Maxson was first grandbaby on both sides and everyones so excited. But my family keeps telling me to wait to have another cause it will be so hard to take care of 2 babies. My mom told me to wait till Maxson is a few years old but I'm not sure I wanna wait that long. But I'm afraid if I go against her suggestion she might think I'm stupid or something.

:dohh::dohh:

:hugs: No one can when the time is right apart from you and your OH, and they have no right to question your decision or think badly of you on account of it. This is your family; no one else's. If they're not happy, too bad for them.
xxx

I also agree. What is right might be different from you than everyone else. Only you and your husband know how you feel about this and what is right for you.

Mums are a little overprotective of us and worried that it might be difficult, but I'm sure she'll be happy for you once she sees that this is what you want.

Go with your instinct and don't change such a big decision to make others happy. . . :)

I know how you feel i had bad pnd with my first and my mum was constantly telling me i couldn't cope with 2 in fact i actually put off having our 2nd till our 1st was 3.5 years because i didn't want to disappoint her, now we want a 3rd my mum knows we want one but again doesn't approve so i just don't mention it to her i'll just let her know when i'm pregnant that way it will be too late, my prob at the moment is my brother in law has just announced he and his partner are expecting their first baby and i don't want it to look like we are only having another baby cause i don't want her getting all the attention we were ttc back in January long before we knew she was pregnant but no one knows that x

Aww hunni dont let anyone tell you when you can and cant have a baby its up to you and your OH.
And i am pretty sure that when the time comes everyone will love the idea of a new baby to join the family x

You have to do what is right for you and your family, she'll come round to the idea when she's holding the tiny little buddle in her arms

:hugs: No one can when the time is right apart from you and your OH, and they have no right to question your decision or think badly of you on account of it. This is your family; no one else's. If they're not happy, too bad for them.
xxx

Couldn't have expressed it better. Everyone wants a say in everyone elses family even if you don't ask for their opinion. And even if you do ask it's to have other points of view, not necessarily accept what they say as the solution.

I think the first person you should talk to is SIL about your feelings, considering you were already TTC, it isn't fair that you have to put it off because SIL is pg, just because she got pg before you whilst TTC at the same time. You might find a pleasant surprise if you talk to her in a way where you offer to give her support as a first time mum, and maybe live your pregnancys/baby's childhood together. I would't mind spending my pregnancy getting close to my SIL!! xxxxxxxx

xxx

Couldn't have expressed it better. Everyone wants a say in everyone elses family even if you don't ask for their opinion. And even if you do ask it's to have other points of view, not necessarily accept what they say as the solution.

I think the first person you should talk to is SIL about your feelings, considering you were already TTC, it isn't fair that you have to put it off because SIL is pg, just because she got pg before you whilst TTC at the same time. You might find a pleasant surprise if you talk to her in a way where you offer to give her support as a first time mum, and maybe live your pregnancys/baby's childhood together. I would't mind spending my pregnancy getting close to my SIL!! xxxxxxxx

I totally agree with this, there are 13 days between Jacka nd my SIL's baby

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->