WARNING: Fake bugaboos!!

This is so horrible, i love my bugaboo! there is a listing on ebay for a mi wheels now look
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mi-Wheel...es_parts_ET&hash=item2c679dc3de#ht_500wt_1203

is this what your talking about? x x

No this is nothing to do with mi wheels, it is a complete bugaboo replica including chassis sticker, branding and internal labels. I will try and take some pics and upload to show how 'good' :cry: a copy it actually is....

Geez, is everything baby related so expensive in the uk? I can get a new bugaboo at nordstroms for $700 not £700

Prices here are ridiculous- but lets not forget that the £700 includes the 20% VAT we have to pay.

I don't see why they have to dupe people, I'd totally buy a fake one, I even looked for one that was a similar setup but at a less ridiculous price but couldn't find anything.

I know people who would want to buy a fake one if they couldn't afford/ choose to not spend as much as a genuine one....
However this was listed as a genuine one, has bugaboo branding and the price reflected the story that was told.
My main concern is the safety issue. particularly the fabrics.
There are better buggies for the amount of money we spent!.....

I just refuse to spend that kind of money on something that is made in china (even the genuine ones). I only spend money like that on things that are made domestically. The price of these strollers have nothing to do with fabrics and safety standards/testing, it's about profits.

I was going to buy one originally. They are very well made and stylish. I hate plastic prams, they look cheap and tacky! Unfortunately the nice prams come with the no so nice price tag.

I don't see why they have to dupe people, I'd totally buy a fake one, I even looked for one that was a similar setup but at a less ridiculous price but couldn't find anything.

I know people who would want to buy a fake one if they couldn't afford/ choose to not spend as much as a genuine one....
However this was listed as a genuine one, has bugaboo branding and the price reflected the story that was told.
My main concern is the safety issue. particularly the fabrics.
There are better buggies for the amount of money we spent!.....

I just refuse to spend that kind of money on something that is made in china (even the genuine ones). I only spend money like that on things that are made domestically. The price of these strollers have nothing to do with fabrics and safety standards/testing, it's about profits.

indeed! But I just feel so upset by it all..... I bought it in good faith :( :SHY:

I'm thinking I will just send this bee back and go and get one in Mothercare...not worth the fuss.

Bump wristloop.jpg

bump box.jpg

bump chassis number.jpg

bump logo.jpg

Here are some of the images i have taken to show it has nothing at all to do with Mi Wheels, it is a 100% Bugaboo replica, including packaging and chassis label.

Just to update, I still have not heard back from ebay, my SIL is a solicitor and has drafted a letter to their luxembourg office so hopefully we should get a response soon, it is devastating as I am now 30 +2 and I'm so worried I won't get a refund in time for the baby to arrive.
Altho my bank offer a charge back service they wont do it to a individual trader with no address.
I have been in contact with the other 2 ladies who brought from same seller and Bugaboo have confirmed theirs are also conterfeit with different serial numbers to mine but from same batch.
Between us we have 6 different names and 4 different parts of the country that relate to the one seller who sold all 3 of us the fake buggies.
Last night I was on a fb bugaboo group and someone was trying to sell something similar.... It just seems to be happening alot now :(

That is awful turnip:( I really hope u all get something sorted, it's unreal how people prey on expectant mothers

If you check sites like www.dhgate.com and alibaba.com you'll see that they sell tonnes of bugaboo cameleons,bees and stokkes - all fake of course.
I bought a fake all black cameleon (or so i thought!) and i just knew it was a replica,it did feel different,a lot 'thinner' than my other cam.

I've now bought a bee and i must say it does feel odd again ..i never had bee plus,so can't be sure but it feels a lot flimsier then my other bugaboos. :/

If you check sites like www.dhgate.com and alibaba.com you'll see that they sell tonnes of bugaboo cameleons,bees and stokkes - all fake of course.
I bought a fake all black cameleon (or so i thought!) and i just knew it was a replica,it did feel different,a lot 'thinner' than my other cam.

I've now bought a bee and i must say it does feel odd again ..i never had bee plus,so can't be sure but it feels a lot flimsier then my other bugaboos. :/

I had also seen them on DHGATE and IOFFER and the item listing and price reflects that they might not be 100% legit... And if people opt to buy them that way that is their choice but the price we paid and the way the item was listed was so misleading.
I used a Mothercare code last week to buy a genuine Stokke I can't tell you how relieved I was when it arrived as I can now put my newborn in without worry.... When she finally arrives! x

I thought i was buying genuine both times :(
do i contact bugaboo directly to check authenticity?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->