Was 2nd a preemie? Stats thread

grace10209

Reaction score
Hi all
I tried to find a thread with just this info as I know it will help me to see and I'm sure will help others that are curious in the future.

Can you please post the following:

1) how many weeks when 1st preemie born, how long did they stay in hospital, any reason they came early or unknown

2) how many weeks when following preemies were born? How long did they stay in Hosp, etc?

I'll start

1) dd came at 34w, spent 10 days in hospital, it's unknown why she came early
- labor just started randomly.

2) currently preg with #2, boy, I'll be 34w in 2 days.

DD1 at 27+4. In hospital for 11.5 weeks. No reason known for her early arrival.

DD2 at 40+2 however, after being on the OPPTIMUM trial in the UK (researching progesterone and the protein for preterm labour) which included progesterone suppositries

DD1 at 27+4. In hospital for 11.5 weeks. No reason known for her early arrival.

DD2 at 40+2 however, after being on the OPPTIMUM trial in the UK (researching progesterone and the protein for preterm labour) which included progesterone suppositries

Omg 40+2?????:dohh:
Holy moly!!!!

I'm hoping for 36, but I'll be honest and say I think I'd have trouble being 40. Everyday I'm waiting for it to happen, not sure I could take that for another 6 weeks :wacko::wacko::wacko:

1st 38+6w boy 2nd 35+1w girl in 7 days. 3rd 34w girl (had steroids 12 hours before birth) 8 days pregnant with no4 boy hoping I have him after 37w xx waters broke with all 3 for unknown reasons went into labour on my own with the first ttwo but third had a bad trace so was induced straight away x

1st. 28.6 weeks due to spontaneous premature labor. He stayed in the NICU for 60 days, growing and establishing feeds.

2nd. 35 weeks due to spontaneous premature labor. I was on weekly progesterone injections with him. He stayed in the NICU for 3 weeks establishing feeds.

3rd. 38.6 weeks. I was on progesterone injections until 36 weeks, and withheld from any intercourse, etc. during my pregnancy.

I delivered at 25 weeks first pregnancy and 40+1 on my second. My first pregnancy was twins which is probably the reason.

This isn't me personally but my friend had:
ds1: born at 26 weeks 3 days
In hospital for 4 months
Ds2: born at 32 weeks in hospital for 5 weeks
DD1: born at 36 weeks out same day x

DD was 34 weeks, spent 11 days in hosp, short stint on cpap then just establishing feeds.

DS was 35 weeks, he was a chunk at 6lb8oz, he spent 16 days in hosp establishing feeds.

Both were PPROM, reason unknown.

X

1st born at 30 weeks from pprom. Nicu for 6 weeks.

2nd born at 39+6. Weekly P17 shots from 16-36 weeks. Bedrest then modified bedrest following 2 day hospitalization at 30 weeks for ptl.

9 weeks preggo now. I'm sure I'll be a bit jumpy at the 30 week mark.

1st was 28+0 due to pre-e and hellp syndrome. 101 days in nicu.

2ns was 29+1 due to reverse flow in the cord. 63 days in nicu.

Thanks
For the responses. I'll be 36w tomorrow and can't believe I made it this far. When will this boy come?

my first day was born at 34+5 she was in scbu for 4 weeks she was born early due to iugr 3lb 3oz

second daughter was born at 41+3 8lb 4oz no complications healthy full termer

good luck hun! fx he stays put for another week at least :D

xx

My 1st was born October 1st 2013 at 34+0 due to reduced movements caused by fetal distress. She spent 18 days in nicu.

I'm now 25+2 and fully expecting another prem x

My first was born at 29+5 because of pre-eclampsia and placental abruption. 62 day stay (but only 26 days in the nicu, the rest were just in the nursery at the local hospital)

My second born at 38+6, induced because my BP started to rise and wanted baby out before anything worse happened. Came home at a day and a half old. Very different experience. He's 5 months old and weighs less than 7 pounds less than my 2.5 year old.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->