Was 2nd a preemie? Stats thread

Dd: 34+4 - no one knows why she came early. 9 days in nicu just feeding and growing, no breathing support or anything
Ds: 40+10 (!) - he was 3 whole lb heavier than his sister!

What an interesting thread! My first was not a premie, born at 38+4. My 2nd was born at 35+2 not 100% why she was early but went into spontaneous labor plus I had a septum in my uterus. I m currently 29w5d with my third, planning to take stitch out at 38w but terrified I might go into labor again way earlier!

My first was born at 28+6 due to preeclampsia. She was 2pound3 and spent 8 weeks in hospital.

Currently 29+6 with another girl. Been told she's on the small side so having weekly growth scans. But placenta working well. Fingers crossed.

First DS was born at 30+4 - 5 1/2 weeks in NICU/SCBU establishing feeds, growing and billi lights - PPROM
Currently 23+4 with DS2, getting nervous about early labour but chances are apparently only 1/8. Can I ask when and how they decide on progesterone shots?! It's never been mentioned to me!! TIA x

My first was born 29w 3 days (PProm at 27w- then hospital bed rest til birth). I was given 2 rounds of steroid shots for his lungs before birth. He was in the NICU for 77 days.

Currently 33w 5d with baby #2. Weekly progesterone shots (until 36weeks).

Miraclemomma- when I met with my doc at our first ultrasound, progesterone shots was the course he recommended since it's shown to be effective for most women at reducing pre-term birth due to cervix shortening (mine was only 3mm at 26w with my 1st) I think I started taking shots at 18weeks. It's worth asking your doc if that is an option for you at this time.

First DS was born at 30+4 - 5 1/2 weeks in NICU/SCBU establishing feeds, growing and billi lights - PPROM
Currently 23+4 with DS2, getting nervous about early labour but chances are apparently only 1/8. Can I ask when and how they decide on progesterone shots?! It's never been mentioned to me!! TIA x

My oldest was born at 28.6 weeks due to spontaneous premature labor, so my Doctor immediately offered me weekly progesterone shots during my 2nd pregnancy. I was on them for my 3rd too, and now again for my 4th.

First was born at 38+4, so not a preemie

Second came at 36+6, so barely a preemie. Had an Irritable Uterus with lots of contractions from 29 weeks on.

Third came at 35+0, was admitted to the NICU for observation, but left the hospital when I did. Also had an Irritable Uterus with him, with contractions starting at 15 weeks.

Just an update from me... As I said 1st was 38+4, 2nd 35+2 and now 3rd 39+1!

My 4th was born at 38 weeks. Weekly natural progesterone injections until 36 weeks. Spontaneous labor at 38 weeks.

An update from me-

First was born 29w 3d and second was born at 38w (I was on weekly progesterone shots until 35 weeks)

An update! My 2nd was indeed another prem. I had said I fully expected another premature baby. She's 5 weeks old now and today is her due date!

DS1 was born at 40+5
DD was born at 39+6
DS2 was 28 weeks exactly (PPROM)

My first baby boy was 18+2 due to incompetent cervix

My second baby boy was 31+5 unknown reason, possibly untreated urine infection irritated uterus.

Waiting on a third baby lol

My first was born 39+5 emergency csection due to pre-e and failure to progress after induction plus my cervix was squeezing his head, my twins were born 36+0 repeat csection due to pre-e.

I can now say no. DS1 born at 30+4 due to PPROM at 29+6, DS2 not arrived yet but I'm currently 37+4!!!! Officially term!!! Woop woop! Xx

first was born at 34+4 6 day nicu stay. My water broke.She is now a happy healthy almost 4 year old starting PreK in 2 weeks

second was born at 35 weeks exactly roomed with me and left with me. I was on weekly progesterone shots and took some pill every 4 hours to stop contractions that started at 33 weeks. He was hell bent on coming.

First was born at 33+5, induced due to severe pre-e. Spent 18 days in the NICU, mostly just feeding/growing.

Second was born at 39+6, also induced, due to rising BP and my history of severe pre-e. She stayed 1.5 days due to 24 hr testing and being born late at night.

Given my body's poor response to induction, if it were not for my health issues I would probably carry my babies past term easy...

First born at 38+6 2nd 35+1 jaundiced but stayed with me on ward 3rd 34+6 jaundiced but stayed with me and 4th 34+6 but born with group b step menigitus and septecima so had a 15 day nicu stay

DD born at 35w by EMCS due to severe pre-e. 12 days in NICU. (Breech) breathing issues and feeding issues

DS1 born at 37w5d by CS due to ICP. 24 hrs in NICU for breathing issues (also breech)

DS2 born at 37w1d by CS due to ICP, PIH and mild pre-e (labs and BP elevated more day of CS) no NICU stay but he was SGA. (Also breech)

Update.

1st was born at 28.6 weeks. Spontaneous labor.

2nd was born at 35 weeks. Weekly progesterone shots. Spontaneous labor immediately after intercourse.

3rd was born at 38.6 weeks. Weekly progesterone shots until 36 weeks, and withheld from intercourse.

4th was born at 38 weeks. Twice a week natural-progesterone shots until 37 weeks, and withheld from intercourse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->