Was not expecting a +Blood HCG!! Low progesterone though...

Bee Bee

Doula expecting #2
Reaction score
Hi ladies!

Today has been a whirlwhind! Here's the story:

Been TTC for 15 months, diagnosed with PCOS about 6 months in, so we've been trying to regulate my cycles since I wasn't ovulating very well on my own. I recently moved 1 1/2 hours away from my RE so I had an appointment for a new RE in my new town today.

I've been on Femara for 2 cycles now. This cycle I took Femara and then went in for a Ultrasound with my old RE where they said my largest follie was only 10MM and they drew my blood and said I hadn't ovulated yet. So they put me on another dose of Femara for 3 more days. They wanted to do another ultrasound yesterday but since I was seeing my new RE today, I just decided to do it with the new doc. Also, the Ultrasound tech was pushing on my gut pretty hard trying to get a good view of my ovary and I started spotting after that so I thought maybe she had burst a cyst or something! And I've been spotting ever since. (But the blood stopped being red/pink on Friday, so its just been old, brown wipes since then) So, I went into the new RE and the ultrasound showed that my largest follie after a week was only 13MM but that I also had another that looked really good at 11-12MM. So, he wanted to put me on another dose of Femara but this RE doesn't start Femara until he does a preg test since it's a Class X drug.

I went in to do my blood HCG and since it was at a hospital they came back with my results only an hour or so later. I pick up the phone, expecting them to tell me what dose of Femara I am going to be on but instead she says "Dr. Bachus must of done his job REALLY well because you are pregnant!" WHAT???

I was not expecting that at all! I didn't even think that I had ovulated yet to be pregnant! But, looking at my chart now, I guess I did on CD10 (my chart is below) when I went in for my last ultrasound. They said I am only a few days pregnant anyway so I suppose that makes sense. But that only makes me 7DPO which doesn't make sense to me still. My blood HCG was 38.5 which is really good I hear. But my progesterone was only .97

So, they already have me on Progesterone, the vaginal kind. And they also gave me more folic acid to take on top of my prenatal and they also told me to start taking baby aspirin. My next blood test is Thursday and then Saturday.

When I got home, I decided to take some of my preg tests for the hell of it:

https://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q246/kai1985/10406675_10152952195218561_7930144751435336455_n.jpg

So, any one else ever had low progesterone early first trimester at all and had it be okay? That's the only thing that's got me concerned at this point. Also, anyone think I might of O'd another day? I really can't see it being any other time than 10 DPO. Then maybe 14DPO was an implantation dip? (that just seems weird too, that's sooooo early to implant isn't it?) And PS. I take my BBT religiously at 6:30am every day without fail, so I don't think I took temps wrong or anything, it just seems my temps get wonky when I am taking femara.

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/48bf59//thumb.png
My Ovulation Chart

I don't know much about temping, but since you are so early the progesterone may not be as bad as it sounds. As the pregnancy progresses so will the progesterone. But it doesn't hurt to be in a suppository. I was on them but they didn't help as my pregnancy wasn't in the correct spot (tube).

Oh...and congrats! Its good to get a positive digi with that low of hcg!

Can you use any prog pill as a suppository? I have mouth swallow kind that are gel pills.

Congrats on your bfp!! They won't check my HCG level here or my Prog level since it was fine two months ago.

Can you use any prog pill as a suppository? I have mouth swallow kind that are gel pills.

Congrats on your bfp!! They won't check my HCG level here or my Prog level since it was fine two months ago.

Mine were yellow gels too that could be taken either way. The pharmacy said to take by mouth but my Dr and nurse specifically said to use them as a suppository. It's a little messy, but cuts back on the side effects and absorbs quicker. I'd ask your dr before changing how you use them though.

I bought mine off base and they are white... I'm in Turkey lol. And the person I'm getting info from right now isn't my OB/GYN because she's on leave all of this month. It's her nurse... Who doesn't seem to know anything about pregnancy or losses..

I bought mine off base and they are white... I'm in Turkey lol. And the person I'm getting info from right now isn't my OB/GYN because she's on leave all of this month. It's her nurse... Who doesn't seem to know anything about pregnancy or losses..

Mine are white also and in a gel cap that sort of look like an egg lol. And yeah, mine can be taken either way but they suggested vaginally over orally since they said I could get dizzy and feel sick if I took them that way. But yeah, i wouldnt just start taking them vaginally without consulting first

Vaginally is always preferable to orally, as it's putting it very close to where it's needed. Remember though, if taken vaginally, it doesn't make it into your blood stream very well, so you could still have low numbers, but this is fine, so don't panic! Good luck for Thursday!

Vaginally is always preferable to orally, as it's putting it very close to where it's needed. Remember though, if taken vaginally, it doesn't make it into your blood stream very well, so you could still have low numbers, but this is fine, so don't panic! Good luck for Thursday!

Awesome. Thanks for the reassurance! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->