Was not prepared for how tired I would be!

jem_5500

Reaction score
I just wanted to ask if anyone esle was not prepared for the sheer exhaustion they would feel in first tri!

I went to bed at 4pm yesterday and woke at 7am! I still feel like I have had no sleep and could quite easilt settle into bed again!

Weather it is a combination that as a teacher I have reached the end of term as well I don't know but another 4 weeks of this? How do you cope!!!! Trying walks and keeping goin but that just sees me more exhausted!

With midwife 3 weeks away cant speak to her and I just wondered if anyone has any tips on survving!!

Thank you x

I am exactly the same I'm also a teacher at the end of a long term though so it could still be that. I was in bed at 5 on Thursday and didn't get up till 7 I was still knackered all day Friday. I'm hoping by the end of the holidays I won't be so bad.

I was shocked by the sheer exhaustion I have. I tend to wake at 4.30am and sick for 2-3 hours then need a nap then have lunch usually sick again and need another nap then awake for part of the afternoon and early evening manage food sometimes before falling asleep by 8pm on the sofa normally wake at 11pm ish for a wee then up to bed. So I spend my days either asleep or vomiting when im not at work.

At work its a real struggle and when I get home I have to force food down before I nod off which is crazy as im usually home by 5.30pm

Thats what I am hoping-note to self next time have 1st tri in the summer hols when i can laze in sun!

hi i'm also a teacher but now i'm 14+6 weeks i feel so much better. It was awful during the first trimester feeling stupidly tired and work was just piling up. i think i left work at 3:30 most days so that i could get home (45min) drive while still feeling midly awake. some others have had a day off with exhaustion but i tried not to do this.
I'm so glad that holidays are now here.
Good luck and remeber it will get better and having my third trimester during summer holidays seems much more enticing to me as i know i'll be tired then and huge so will be great just to laze around and have time to get room ready.

It will get better and make sure you rest over the next couple of weeksx

I'ma teacher too I'm only 4.5 weeks and feeling OK so far I wish I was having more symptoms so I know it's real but I know if fatigue kicks in I'll probably regret that wish! Enjoy the Easter hols everyone.

I'm feeling so tired I've had to take time off work... I was in bed at 9 last night and still haven't quite got up...

I have just booked some time off work to just relax.

I never thought i would feel this tired

You dont feel normal do you it is nice to know so many of us are normal!! DH made me go for a walk earlier it worked whilst i was out and now desperatly trying not to sleep after last night!! Ready for a sleepless nigh though furbaby goes into be spayed tomorrow and have to take food up at 8pm so she will not be appreciating that! Then she will need nursing so maybe a kip is the better option! I am looking forward to enjoying the sunshine and taking things in my own time as opposed to running round like a loon and chasing children! How do 2nd time mothers with toddlers survive!!!

POsitive awaking thoughts to you all 8)

yes fatigue, i have to have constant naps, but i work from home so its easier, i dont know how it would be to have other children, and work....sheesh..

Im exactly the same! Its horrible i feel like i havent had any energy in ages, last night i had a 14 hour sleep, have been up and about, out places nothing major, but i could quite easily get back into bed and sleep for another week lol

At work especially as im on my feet all day, when i get home its dinner, bath, bed
Kinda sad isnt it haha

My poor hubby isnt sure what to make of it although he is being fantastic! Roll on the 2nd tri when we get all our energy so we are told!!!

Can't believe how tired I am!!! I need sleep all the time. I got time off work though cause I couldn't cope in the classroom....yawned all day long...

I've started to have naps in the early evening but only on weekends, don't feel as tired as much during the week...:lol:

I am absolutely exhausted all the time!!
i work and have 2 children i finish work at 5pm but by the time i collect the children from childcare i don't get home until 6.30pm usually i'd get straight in cook dinner, bath the children, put them to bed wash their uniforms and then have some me and OH time, but I'm going to bed at the same time as the children now!!

weekends i can't find the energy to leave the house!! poor OH is getting so neglected!

i was the same extremely tired & could sleep all day & night .. i very soon got run down for not getting the sleep as i have a 3 yr old to look after , i ended up with 3 infections & now on antibios & painkillers. Feeling better but please get the rest you can xx

I have been sleeping more, but not too exhausted. I didn't get too much sleep before (maybe 6h?) and now get 8-8.5!!! Finally sleeping the "recommendedl" amount!!! :)

On weedays I go to bed now at 9 and wake up at 7. On the weekends I sleep about 10-12 hours a night an additional 4-5 during the day. I am exhausted!!!

Mine comes and goes.

The weekend before I found out I was exhausted, just couldn't muster the energy to do anything at all. I put this down to a (late) night out but I've felt the same again today. I woke up early, dozed until about 10.30, got up, had breakfast and had another nap on the sofa until about a hour ago. Now thinking it's time for another one....

I have no tips on how to stay awake, but you have my sympathy (if that's the right word) - imagine being a teacher you can't just keep your head down when you're feeling tired at work like the rest of us. Hope you feel better soon x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->