Was NTNP but now faced with possible pregnancy not sure how I feel about it...

Itsychik

Reaction score
I'm not really sure where to post this but just really needed someone 'anonymous' to post...

DH and I have two children, the youngest is only 10 months. We would both really like to have a third. DH wanted to start TTC asap but I wanted to wait (I had "morning sickness" literally every day in my last pregnancy and am a little nervous about repeating pregnancy while my DD is still so young) so we compromised on NTNP and I figured that if I avoided DTD around the fertile window that maybe we could stall another pregnancy for a while... I'm also ebf my DD and hoped that might help (and am also a little worried what another pregnancy might do to my supply).

BUT, both DH and I thought NTNP would be a good compromise.

But it's our first real month of NTNP and now AF is 2 days late, and I'm starting to panic a little. My DD is still a baby (and not even sleeping through the night yet)! It just feels...weird...to think about starting all of that again so soon. Am I ready? (I thought I was!) Could I handle 3 kids, with 2 being under 2?! Maybe I should have thought this through better!

Please let me also say that I'm really NOT trying to sound ungrateful and of COURSE we would feel blessed if we found out I am pregnant. And I know there are so many people who struggle with fertility which is why I don't dare talk about this to anyone in 'real life' but I haven't even told DH yet and just wanted somewhere 'safe' to freak out for a minute.

Anyone else maybe a little nervous about NTNP?

I think it's fairly normal to feel the way you are feeling. I guess if you really weren't ready or sure, you probably should've used protection. But if you are pregnant, there's nothing you can do about it now, so there's no use in feeling bad about it or wondering. I would say to just hold tight until you find out if you are or not, and go from there. If not, reevaluate your plan moving forward, keeping in mind how you feel now. If you are, congrats! It.Will.Be.Okay.

Best of luck.

We have recently started ntnp and sometimes I get a little freeked out in my own head.
'What if we arnt ready, is DD to young, has she had enough time with us to herself?' Ect. But hubby and I want our children close in age, we are capable of taking care of another, and we both WANT another. I freeked a little when I found out I was pregnant with DD. It's a life changer.I hope it works out for you, and GL.

I think we're all a little unsure about it once it happens, but after you pass that stage I'm sure it'll be fine!! If you are pregnant just remember you have 9 months before the baby arrives. Don't worry too much :)

Did you take a test yet?

It's normal to feel that way especially if you were NTNP with the hope that it wouldn't be right now... I'm sure it'll work out if you are pregnant but if not you should probably go on birth control for now, temporarily and wait until you know you're ready for it.

Good luck!

We were ntnp (although I knew when I was fertile and made sure we had sex that day!) with first pregnancy and I felt the same when we got pregnant in first cycle. We lost that pregnancy and then all I wanted was to be pregnant again and it was the second cycle of trying and although there was no baby more wanted, I still had all these feelings (are we ready? Is this too soon? We've only been married for 10 months. I'm supposed to be flying but will be xx weeks - why didn't I wait a month?) but still loved the baby. We had another case if misfortune and the third pregnancy was something I ensued even more but still had doubting thoughts... I think it's the first worry of being a parent to they baby and wondering if you're going the tight thing for your new family unit.

I'm expecting again (planned) but sometimes cry wondering if if dd1 is too young to share me or too old to take it in her stride or because I worry about hoe it will change our current family dynamics, or that baby 2 won't get the ddnevayurbtionbir speedy responses.

Take a test, ASAP

Thanks for all the responses ladies :flower:

We had discussed the pros/cons of NTNP so "soon" and had both agreed on it (DH wants to TTC asap) but AF came (3 days late-- I did test and got a negative but when AF didn't come I still wasn't sure what to expect).

So DH and I talked and I've convinced him we should wait a little longer. Thanks for all the support on here. Sometimes it's just nice to have somewhere to panic even if I know it's irrational. Thanks ladies :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->