Was pregnant this time last year too, but can't remember.....

Jessicahide

Reaction score
So i am 18 weeks, and i have been feeling movement for a good few weeks now, i feel rolls and squirms and flutters, i have had 2 actual kicks... But i am getting worried i am not feeling enough and because it was only a couple of months ago that i was in third tri i get a bit warped in my thinking of what i should be expecting?! Sorry for the ramble, but what should i be feeling right now? :(

What you are feeling is perfectly normal :)

Thank you, and thank you for getting back to me, i get a bit hysterical thinking everything is going wrong, :cry: i have my scan coming up, and i always get myself in a bit of a state :(

Oh no, sorry to hear you girls still haven't felt anything, if it makes you feel any better this is my 5th so i have 0 resistance in my tummy lol....

I have had lots of movements now today so i am feeling better about the situation ( feeling baby move right now xxx)

That's great Jess. I'm hoping that it won't be too long until I feel snowflake move. I'll feel better about things. xxx

That's great Jess. I'm hoping that it won't be too long until I feel snowflake move. I'll feel better about things. xxx

I hope so too xxx how is everything going for you so far?

Oh no, sorry to hear you girls still haven't felt anything, if it makes you feel any better this is my 5th so i have 0 resistance in my tummy lol....

I have had lots of movements now today so i am feeling better about the situation ( feeling baby move right now xxx)

I'm glad you've had some reassurance today :) I'm hoping I'm just late feeling my wee guy since this is #1 x

I didn't feel anything until 20weeks, now im 24weeks and he is none stop :D

Things were rough in the first tri. I've finally stopped throwing up every day. I feel nauseous all the time though. 2nd tri seems to be going fast. 18 weeks tomorrow, scan on the 29th. I'm just worried about the later half of the second tri and the whole of third as I had severe cholestastis with Aurora and was hospitalised for weeks on end. I'm hoping that things will be okay or the professionals will have things in order. I've got all my consultant appointments through so I guess they're anticipating a repeat of my last pregnancy. I'm much healthier though this time but we'll see, I've also got to be monitored more closely as my cerebral palsy was an issue last time, I have walking aides though now so I'm hoping the strain won't be as severe. How about you? 5th pregnancy, you're a complete pro! xxx

Things were rough in the first tri. I've finally stopped throwing up every day. I feel nauseous all the time though. 2nd tri seems to be going fast. 18 weeks tomorrow, scan on the 29th. I'm just worried about the later half of the second tri and the whole of third as I had severe cholestastis with Aurora and was hospitalised for weeks on end. I'm hoping that things will be okay or the professionals will have things in order. I've got all my consultant appointments through so I guess they're anticipating a repeat of my last pregnancy. I'm much healthier though this time but we'll see, I've also got to be monitored more closely as my cerebral palsy was an issue last time, I have walking aides though now so I'm hoping the strain won't be as severe. How about you? 5th pregnancy, you're a complete pro! xxx

You would think so, but i am still a wreck lol, birth is fine and dandy, i would rather give birth 5 times than go through the pregnancy, its bloody hard sometimes, just stopping yourself stressing and becoming worried....

Wow sounds like you have a lot to contend with, its partly being able to trust the professionals and letting go xxx Do you use crutches or a scooter? I can imagine your body gets tired out what with the extra weight of the baby :(
I have not heard of cholestastis before, is it difficult to cope with? xxx

You would think so, but i am still a wreck lol, birth is fine and dandy, i would rather give birth 5 times than go through the pregnancy, its bloody hard sometimes, just stopping yourself stressing and becoming worried....

Wow sounds like you have a lot to contend with, its partly being able to trust the professionals and letting go xxx Do you use crutches or a scooter? I can imagine your body gets tired out what with the extra weight of the baby :(

I have walking sticks and a frame with wheels that helps support me. Cholestastis is awful, it causes you to itch uncontrollably and the liver stops functioning as it should which sends bile acids into the bloodstream, the bile acids build up and can cause low birth weight, pre term labour and in worse case scenarios, stillbirth. I was hospitalised with bile acids in excess of 300 last time, given steroids for Aurora's lungs and growth scans even 3 days. It was the worst time of my life. I gave birth naturally through and I'm hoping to again, in fact birth is the bit I'm most excited about. I'm hoping to do some type of hypno birthing so that I remain calm and focused. I lost my head in Aurora's labour and struggle to remember it due to the cerebral palsy causes memory issues. I'm hoping that if I remain calm and collected that I can remember it. xxx

I have walking sticks and a frame with wheels that helps support me. Cholestastis is awful, it causes you to itch uncontrollably and the liver stops functioning as it should which sends bile acids into the bloodstream, the bile acids build up and can cause low birth weight, pre term labour and in worse case scenarios, stillbirth. I was hospitalised with bile acids in excess of 300 last time, given steroids for Aurora's lungs and growth scans even 3 days. It was the worst time of my life. I gave birth naturally through and I'm hoping to again, in fact birth is the bit I'm most excited about. I'm hoping to do some type of hypno birthing so that I remain calm and focused. I lost my head in Aurora's labour and struggle to remember it due to the cerebral palsy causes memory issues. I'm hoping that if I remain calm and collected that I can remember it. xxx

Oh my god, i have heard of that, bloody horrific!! I watched a poor woman on the tv once, she got so ill that she needed dialysis, she had a kidney transplant a few years before getting pregnant, she was in agony with the itching,. Bloody hell poor you!!! That is so frightening, i hope you are really well taken care of!! :( i am at risk of stillbirth too, that's what happened to my oldest wouldn't wish that risk on anyone its awful!!

You poor thing, it must be difficult enough having cp but this on top.... you are a brave lady xxxx

I'm sorry about your eldest. :( *hug* It's my worst nightmare. I think you're the brave one.

Cerebral palsy doesn't bother me anymore, I have $pa$tic diplegia in a mild case, it has its severe moments though but typically my life is okay, I suppose you adapt and adjust. Cholstastis scares me more currently. Every time I itch I'm on high alert. xxx

I'm sorry about your eldest. :( *hug* It's my worst nightmare. I think you're the brave one.

Cerebral palsy doesn't bother me anymore, I have $pa$tic diplegia in a mild case, it has its severe moments though but typically my life is okay, I suppose you adapt and adjust. Cholstastis scares me more currently. Every time I itch I'm on high alert. xxx

You poor thing, i bet you are i would spend my life in a frenzy if i were you xxxx Do they regularly test your liver function then?

I've wondered the exact same thing. I started feeling daily movements (rather than the very early flutters) right when I hit 16 weeks. They were still very light, but I was definitely feeling a little something every day. Then a day would go by where I wasn't sure I had felt anything... and I would freak out. My midwife suggested that it could be placenta placement. She also said that many women don't feel anything at all until much later (shortly past 20 weeks) so it was probably normal not to feel anything strongly or consistently.

About 5 days ago I had my 19-week scan and it was confirmed that I do have an anterior placenta. With that info I realized that I was lucky to be feeling anything early... but that hasn't stopped me from worrying. Just last night I was in a panic because it seemed like the baby had been quiet all day. In the previous couple days she had been very active, treating me to extra kicks and taps, even when I wasn't lying down specifically looking for them. But yesterday, I wasn't sure that I'd felt much of anything. I stayed up late and right before bed I was frantically Googling "irregular movement at 19-20 weeks" and such... but there just wasn't much. I didn't turn the lights off and close my eyes until around 3am. I was feeling really fun and uncertain.

But as soon as I rolled into my side to fall asleep, I stared feeling the most obvious movements. She was squirming around and tapping my bladder. I was so relieved. She kept moving for about 5-10 minutes as I hummed and talked to her. It was awesome and well worth the wait. I definitely feel better about the inconsistant movements now. (Though I'm sure I'll be freaking out about something else-- or the same thing-- within a few days time. LOL)

I've wondered the exact same thing. I started feeling daily movements (rather than the very early flutters) right when I hit 16 weeks. They were still very light, but I was definitely feeling a little something every day. Then a day would go by where I wasn't sure I had felt anything... and I would freak out. My midwife suggested that it could be placenta placement. She also said that many women don't feel anything at all until much later (shortly past 20 weeks) so it was probably normal not to feel anything strongly or consistently.

About 5 days ago I had my 19-week scan and it was confirmed that I do have an anterior placenta. With that info I realized that I was lucky to be feeling anything early... but that hasn't stopped me from worrying. Just last night I was in a panic because it seemed like the baby had been quiet all day. In the previous couple days she had been very active, treating me to extra kicks and taps, even when I wasn't lying down specifically looking for them. But yesterday, I wasn't sure that I'd felt much of anything. I stayed up late and right before bed I was frantically Googling "irregular movement at 19-20 weeks" and such... but there just wasn't much. I didn't turn the lights off and close my eyes until around 3am. I was feeling really fun and uncertain.

But as soon as I rolled into my side to fall asleep, I stared feeling the most obvious movements. She was squirming around and tapping my bladder. I was so relieved. She kept moving for about 5-10 minutes as I hummed and talked to her. It was awesome and well worth the wait. I definitely feel better about the inconsistant movements now. (Though I'm sure I'll be freaking out about something else-- or the same thing-- within a few days time. LOL)

Its just a horrible cycle of a couple of good days followed by terror.... why do we do it to ourselves?! It crazy, i just had a bit load of craziness from baby, pushing my tummy.... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->