Was this a miscarriage? Confused

Discussion in 'Miscarriage Support' started by MamaMolly, May 12, 2019.

1. MamaMolly

MamaMolly New Member

I’m supposed to be 8 weeks on Sunday. Today I went to the washroom to pee and when I wiped, there was blood. I stood up and saw a big clot in the toilet along with more blood. Didn’t inspect it because I panicked and flushed it down. I put on a pad and so far there’s only spotting on it. Toilet paper comes out clear when I wipe and the cramps eased up a bit. Could this be a miscarriage? Is it normal to bleed so little if it is a miscarriage? Should I expect more? I still have pregnancy symptoms btw.

Please let me know if any of you experienced something similar to this. I know nothing about miscarriages. I always thought they cone with heavy bleeding. I have an appointment scheduled on the 22nd.

2. MamaMolly

MamaMolly New Member

Came back to add:
    I am not bleeding today but I lost a small amount of tissue in the toilet. It was brownish and stretchy. not normal discharge. I’m cramping slightly. Is it normal to have a miscarriage with such a lack of blood?

Also I’m not looking for reassurance, just honest opinions, experiences etc.

#2 MamaMolly, May 12, 2019
    Last edited: May 12, 2019