Washable wipes - dark colours?

Lillylemon

Mum to 1 little boy :-)
Reaction score
I know this might sound like a silly question :)blush:) but why are there not more wipes that are dark colours? Is it because generally they are bunged in the washing machine with the nappies and then the colour would run etc? Do the light wipes not get really stained over time? I suppose it doesn't matter because as long as they are clean then that's the main thing but I wondered why they didn't make dark ones really.

Mine haven't stained - you wash them the same as your nappies and they don't get stained so I don't think they normally do. On sites where you can pick your own fabrics for wipes, like Weenotions, there are some dark fabrics, but for things like organic velour I think it's quite difficult to source darker fabrics unless you dye them yourself. And people like to use more natural dyes so maybe that has something to do with the colour choices. Also, this sounds a bit gross but when I'm wiping poo from Leyla's bum I like to use the white/light coloured side of a wipe last to check that her bum really is clean - if they wipe stays clean, you know LO is, but I think that would be harder on a darker wipe!

What Rachel said :)
I do have some that are camo/red/black but I like them less than the lighter ones because I dont know his bum is REALLY clean....

Aha that actually makes sense doesn't it! I suppose it's just something I will get used to!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->