washable wipes question

Baby180512

Reaction score
do i really need cheeky wipes or can i get cheaper? Can i build my own kit i.e. by buying two containers, getting value resable wipes off ebay and making my own solutions???

you can do it however you feel comfortable! We have about 70 baby washcloths we have gotten here and there, a tub to contain them in if we choose, and a spray bottle to make up solutions in. Right now the plan is 1 cup water, 1 tbsp. olive oil, and 2 drops TTO in the spray bottle.

Well i got some stuff today so going to try and make some and make some solution this evening

I cut up a fleece blanket, and use either plain water or water with a couple of drops of tea tree oil in it, or water with chamomile tea if there's nappy rash around. The bamboo wipes are good when more thorough cleaning is required after a poo explosion but fleece does fine for most jobs and you can get cheaper versions of the bamboo ones than cheeky wipes as well.

I cut up a fleece blanket, and use either plain water or water with a couple of drops of tea tree oil in it, or water with chamomile tea if there's nappy rash around. The bamboo wipes are good when more thorough cleaning is required after a poo explosion but fleece does fine for most jobs and you can get cheaper versions of the bamboo ones than cheeky wipes as well.

^ As Above ^

Although I am not using washable wipes for everything, I do make my own washclothes and kitchen clothes and the like, so figured I would make a stack of small cloths I could use to wipe up spills or wet and wipe poosplosions rather than use a whole pack of baby wipes!

Im just going to get a few yards of soft cotton, cut into squares and hem the edges.

I got 2 packs of 6 baby wash cloths from poundland which look like they will do a really good job and i have also bought a pack of top and tail muslin which i am sewing fleece to the back of each one to use as well. Have the wash cloths set up in a homemade solution and my mucky box ready and waiting but only changed a wet nappy so far so waiting for a dirty one to see how they fair. I also bought a little spray bottle to put some solution into for the changing bag and a little wet bag so that i can take dry wipes out with me and spray them with solution upon use then keep in wet bag until we get home to wash them. Quite pleased with myself :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->