Washing cloth nappies with soapnuts

Faerie

Proud Mummy
Reaction score
Does anyone use them for nappies?

Sofia's skin has been really irritated recently and my theory is it's a build of soap, I use totsbots potion. Just put them through on a strip and soap was still coming out on the 3rd rinse :nope:

So thinking about giving soapnuts a try, will they get poo stains out??

i'm sure someone has tried these and they didnt work too well...i might be wrong tho ??? have you tried Ecover?? meant to be really good ?? :hugs: Hope Sofia's skin heals up very soon :hugs:

I've been thinking of using these, they have them on the nappy garden. I'll be interested to see if anyone has anything to say about them. We use Wilko's own brand Eco liquid and I find it great, it tells you to put far too much in, but I just use a tiny little dribble and it's fine, if I strip, it needs maybe 2 rinses and it's all out

I think I've seen ecover here in one of the health food shops, probably some extortianate price though! The local supermarket has it's own brand but it's got enzymes in it, which aren't good right??

enzymes cause me untold hassle.Thats why non bio does not have them xxxx

^ that's what I though Eoz, so it seems silly that a supposedly eco washing liquid would have it.

The non-bio still seems to cause her issues, think I'm going to give the soapnuts a go. I guess you have to add disinfectant though??

Ta, yeah, maybe that's another problem, i alway wash at 40, trying to save energy, and only was at 60 every 4 or 5 washes so perhaps that's another reason the soap doesn't come out.

I stripped them using dishwashing liquid this time! And they had 5 rinses in total so hopefully there's no bloody soap left, if she still get the redness I just don't know what to do! It really looks like irritation rather than a rash.

Yeah I always wash at 60 else they stink of wee :sick: I tumble dry them if I need them done quickly as well lol I do line dry in the summer though, I'm still eco friendly lol

lol i do a 60 every few washes and tumble them sometimes too :dohh: naughty i know but needs must:blush:

:shock:

my nappies get a quick wash with full detergent then a 60 wash with no detergent!! omg im wrecking the envoronment :( but i have nice clean nappies though

x

boots do their own brand of powder for sensitive skin.If you want to try some i'll happily post you anything you need from here.As for sore skin she may need Hydrocortisone or emollient to soothe her skin x

I've been thinking of trying soap nuts aswell. There are eco balls aswell, don't know much about them but thinking about doing some investigating and trying them out.

Well she's been in Moltex sposies today with weleda nappy cream on and the rash has gone so proof that it's her nappies :(

I just don't know what to do. Think that snap ins are definitely a nono. The French version of the Blueberry bamboo nappy seems to be good but they're soooooo expensive!! Grrr.

I'll look around for more detergent here, going to Italy tomorrow and they normally have a good range. Will let you know if I need something though.

As for being eco friendly... well I do use the tumble dryer more than I used to! Don't have enough nappies at the mo not to sometimes. Plus we drive/fly a lot so don't think I'm that eco friendly.. though my new sustainable house will cancel that all out, hee hee ;)

Aw, glad it's gone but shame it's the nappies. Hope you find something in Italy.

good luck in Italy but my offer is always here x Made me laugh though "I'm off to Italy tomorrow as though its down the road :rofl:

good luck in Italy but my offer is always here x Made me laugh though "I'm off to Italy tomorrow as though its down the road :rofl:

That made me laugh 2 :rofl: Hope you maange to find something hun.

If Sofia's skin is irritated by your washing powder and you can't get anything better, could you use a big fleece liner in them and rinse them loads and loads after they've been washed? Would a liner keep whatever is irritating her away from her skin?

i wouldve thought it wouldnt make no difference cos presumably the liner would be washed with the same detergent as the nappies? although you might find they rinse out a bit easier?

have u tried the usual tricks like vinegar and tea tree oil? plenty of rinses?

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"