Washing cloth nappies with soapnuts

I know this is nothing to do with soap nuts, but I always wash my nappies on a 60 degree with pre-wash. I put the washing liquid in the prewash, not the normal wash, and I have never had an issue with soap build up because its really well rinsed. Maybe this could help?

I used soapnuts (I used 10 in a little laundry filet - so more than usual) along with a tablespoon of Napisan to wash reusable nappies and never had any problems with them, had clean smelling nappies every time.

I asked 'elsewhere' and the genreal consensous really was that they weren't so good once the detergent build up from your washer has dissapeared. Someone else did mention that it can depend where they are sourced on how suddy they are (is suddy even a word :rofl: u kno what i mean!!)

lol @suddy...well i thought that i'd heard they were pants but i only payed £4 for mine (250g) so even if they are poo i havent spent a fortune :thumbup:

you'll have to let us know the truth sara :laugh2:

Welllll now I don't know because the sore skin came back with the moltex nappies on and it doesn't seem to matter what I do :( I'm pretty sure it's eczema and the nappy is just rubbing the irritated area, maybe that's why her night nappies don't irritate it as they're not cut so slimline.

Think I'm going to have to make a Drs appointment.

Oh, and Italy is "only" 4 hours down the road ;)

If it is eczema, I don't know if you have it in france, but my brother was covered head to foot in the eczema and my used Aveeno bath sachets (found in boots) in his bath and the cream on his eczema and it helped loads xx

oh no poor Sofia..i do hope it clears up very quickly for her hun.. you have a good time in Italy??

sorry not entirely On Topic but i ordered some Soap nuts but i just realised that its actually Soap nut shells i have ordered...is this right or have i been done?

sara

xxxxxx

oh poor sofia :hugs: try cutting out any bath stuff etc you may have been using if you haven't already. The dr will prob prescribe some stuff for the bath and some kind of moisturiser. I find my LO's flares u when we have the heating on, it can be horrible sometimes watching her scratch :cry:

Sara: Not entirely sure tbh, i thought it was the nuts inside the shells that were the efficient bit but don't hold me to that. Surely they not gonna sell you somethin useless tho? :shrug:

According to this Sara it's the shells that have the soap https://www.inasoapnutshell.com/

I'm not sure if it is eczema or not. I have it, though now I tend only to get it in my eyes and on my hands in winter. Hers looks like eczema I used to get inside my elbows and behind my knees but she hasn't scratched it, though I guess as it's in her nappy it's hard to get to. I guess I'll see what the Dr says.

Thanks Henny! thats where i bought mine from!! i'm hoping they come soon!! cant wait to start using them ! OH is sceptical but if its more natural, eco and cheaper he sooooo cant complain!LOL

could it be Psoriosis??*sp?* i think thats meant to be less itchy than excema? (i might b wrong tho!) i hope it starts to clear up v v soon..have you tried some ebm on it ?? i did that when Daisys bum was really sore and it seemed to take a little of the redness out of it :shrug: :hugs: to lil sofia

sara

xxxxx

I just paid 75p for a sample from that site, can't go wrong for that! :D

I asked 'elsewhere' and the genreal consensous really was that they weren't so good once the detergent build up from your washer has dissapeared. Someone else did mention that it can depend where they are sourced on how suddy they are (is suddy even a word :rofl: u kno what i mean!!)

This was my experience too, unfortunately. I really wanted soap nuts to work and for the first few loads of laundry, they seemed absolutely fine. Then, yeah, when the detergent residue had gone, they just weren't getting stuff clean. :nope: Our washing machine is pants though, so hopefully those of you with better washers might have more luck. I've thought about trying out ecoballs, but it seems a big outlay for something that might be useless. Anyone with any long-term experience of using them?

I tried eco balls and didn't like them, I imagine they are similar to soap nuts, I felt after a few washes they didn't seem to get stuff clean.

Thanks, Kirsten. Can do without wasting money, so I'd rather know in advance if it's not going to work. I was so enthusiastic about the soapnuts - even boiled some up to make a liquid soap which I was going to use as an all purpose cleaner, but that was rubbish too. Such a shame though, eh? I would far rather use a natural product than synthetic detergents, but I need it to actually do the job. :dohh:

I know I prefer natural products too especially after i read somewhere that our bodies absorb 1-2kg of the chemicals we use in skincare products etc a year. I was pretty shocked by that!

yeah i was gonna get the sample too but thought stuff it n bought a small bag instead!LOL i heard that too Donna ... cant be good can it !!

saara

xxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back