Washing Machine recommendations please!!

Jaysmummy

Mum of 3 and WTT
Reaction score
We need a new washer and as we're moving soon now is the perfect time.

So what have you got?

xx

I've just got a Beko. Cost £220 lol. Perfect. 5kg all I need for my lot!

I have an LG direct drive.

We bought it because its quiet, and it really is very quiet. We have an open plan house and our last washing machine stopped any conversation when it started spinning.

It's the only washing maching i've ever learnt how to work the delay timmer on.

we have a beko one.
it's a 7kg.

ours is very much like this one apart from the display panel is a bit smaller and is orange!

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/public/PT1LKv9OOBOm5YcGvjeQisc-F9l6SxoiZD9zF1mCgM_3OgB38zca-MVdkLXJluc0bkEr4XjZyuQ_rKx2RP4eMqwBeCAvCsdvfcI_SQqxe5q1ghPUzkZX0LA5XoHbC09Zr6OmUMeQoVvijjtVAIcjG-Q

I've got a 7kg indiset, everybody decided to tell me after I brought it that indiset are a sh*t brand :dohh: but I've had no problems yet, FXd x

I have got an Indesit and it's the worst piece of crap I have ever had the misfortune of owning..:lol:

I am so glad I took out protection on it as in the three years I have had it I have had someone out 8 times!!

Maybe I got a dodgy batch, I don't know but it has definately put me off ever going for an Indesit again!

I had a Zanussi before this one and it lasted me years with no problems whatsoever!

After 2 brand new hotpoint washers is 4 years, I asked the washing maching repair man which brand he reccomended and he said Bosch.....so Bosch it was! they are expensive but I think its worth it in the long run and I am very impressed :D (you watch it will break down now like every other appliance of ours :wacko:)

we have a beko one.
it's a 7kg.

ours is very much like this one apart from the display panel is a bit smaller and is orange!

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/public/PT1LKv9OOBOm5YcGvjeQisc-F9l6SxoiZD9zF1mCgM_3OgB38zca-MVdkLXJluc0bkEr4XjZyuQ_rKx2RP4eMqwBeCAvCsdvfcI_SQqxe5q1ghPUzkZX0LA5XoHbC09Zr6OmUMeQoVvijjtVAIcjG-Q

We have this one. Would recommend it to anyone. Only paid £240, it was cheaper if you wanted white instead of silver.

If you can afford it, highly recomend the Hotpoint Aqualtis, appliances direct sell it for £440ish, its an 11kg washing machine with so many options, so quiet and extremly effecient! My 3x washloads most days are now turned into 1 load 5 days out of 7.

We were actually torn between an Indiset one and the Hotpoint Aquatis. I love the look of the Hotpoint and that it has so many settings.

We will more than likely get service cover whichever we get

Thanks ladies :flower:

Xx

https://www.bootskitchenappliances.com/product/WD8704RJA-Samsung-Washer-Dryer-White-20264.aspx

Its fab, amazingly quiet.

Deffo recommend looking at the boots online tho for whatever you want, was delivered next day and installed for next to nothing, they were very helpful and best of all I got advantage card points for it!

I had hotpoint aqualtis before this one and would not recommend; the plastic 'fins' inside the drum completely snapped off. They were replaced but the clips holding them also partially snapped so they were wobbly and occasionally I'd find one in the drum, and the powder etc never rinsed through properly from the drawer. Also had numerous issues with powder being left on clothes, cycle finishing and not rinsed, not spun etc. Years ago my dad used to be an electronic engineer and design circuitry for hotpoint and his company was asked by hotpoint if they could design circuits that were guaranteed to break in a couple of years, making sure that people would be forced to buy new appliances. He never touched hotpoint with a 10 foot pole after that. We have a beko now and have had it for two and a half years and never had a single problem with it even though we can do up to 3 loads a day on some days xx

I had hotpoint aqualtis before this one and would not recommend; the plastic 'fins' inside the drum completely snapped off. They were replaced but the clips holding them also partially snapped so they were wobbly and occasionally I'd find one in the drum, and the powder etc never rinsed through properly from the drawer. Also had numerous issues with powder being left on clothes, cycle finishing and not rinsed, not spun etc. Years ago my dad used to be an electronic engineer and design circuitry for hotpoint and his company was asked by hotpoint if they could design circuits that were guaranteed to break in a couple of years, making sure that people would be forced to buy new appliances. He never touched hotpoint with a 10 foot pole after that. We have a beko now and have had it for two and a half years and never had a single problem with it even though we can do up to 3 loads a day on some days xx

How bloody sly of them!!!

Right so now its looking like Beko, LG or Bosch.

Who thought buying a washer would be so hard???!!! :haha:

Xx

https://www.bootskitchenappliances.com/product/WD8704RJA-Samsung-Washer-Dryer-White-20264.aspx

Its fab, amazingly quiet.

Deffo recommend looking at the boots online tho for whatever you want, was delivered next day and installed for next to nothing, they were very helpful and best of all I got advantage card points for it!

I didn't even know Boots sold this kinda stuff, thanks!

And yay for advantage card points :thumbsup:

Xx

We have an LG direct drive too, it's a great machine! So quiet and it even plays a tune when it's finished!

We have this - granted, it's a washer dryer, but it is brilliant :) It takes an 8kg load which is a lot compared to our old 5kg one.

Our washer is literally never turned off. I hardly ever dry anything in it but I do 3-4 loads of washing a day so it's had a fair run in the two months we've owned it and it's still going strong. Had a small problem with it yesterday but it's now fixed :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->