Washing Nappies B4 Use

kglo

Mum of 3 Boys
Reaction score
I know there has been loads of posts like these but I'm still confused.

I have Bum Genius V3's, how do I wash them B4 use.

Do I wash the nappy once and inserts more?

I also have a mixture of Bamboo and Dream Dri Pop In's, how do I wash these pre use?

I prewash all new nappies the same, literally just chuck them in the wash. To be honest, I don't bother prewashing at all anymore, I put them straight on her but for a shorter period of time until they've been washed 3-4 times as they won't be as absorbant. It just seems wrong washing a new nappy!! You could soak them overnight and then wash, that's meant to speed things along too.

Microfiber inserts are pretty efficient since the beginning but bamboo inserts need to be washed at least 10 times to reach full efficiency. I prewash everything only once then use bamboo nappies only for shorter periods (1h or 1h30). Wraps, covers and pockets only need to be washed once.

I was advised to soak the bamboo for 12-24hrs before use then I put them in for a wash aswell. Don't forget to only use 1/4 detergent & no conditioner :thumbup:

The mircofibre (BGV3 inserts and pop in dream dri) and outers only need be done once. The bamboo ones do need more. Soaking is the best way to do it without using excess electric by using your machine over and over. Simply put the bamboo inserts in a bucket of water and soak them at least overnight. Change the water several times and give them a good swish about. Then throw them in the machine on one wash or rinse cycle and start to use.

Thanks Everyone,

I'll be good to do now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back