Washing new baby stuff

N

Neecee

What's the best thing to wash new baby stuff in? I know I need to use a non-bio, but just wondering what people are recommending. Thanks!

i used fairy for rosies things liqud tabs cos i tend to over do it lol, the softner is nice too almond one is lush and lasts,
i cant do mine yet as i havent set the nursery up or wardrobe.
xx

Having tried both Fairy non-bio and Persil non-bio, I've found Fairy to be far far better.... it makes all the stuff come out lovely and soft, where as Persil didn't seem to be as soft.

Also, the fairy fabric softener seems to be better than the Comfort pure too.

:hug:

Fairy non-bio tablets and comfort pure all the way lol smells lovely x

fairy is good but atm im using ariel non bio with honey its got gorgeous smell...

when should u start washing them all?? id do it now but dont wanna have to do it again when its nearer the time, sorry to change the subject neecee ;/ x

A word of advice is don't wash EVERYTHING. I did exactly that and Jessie was a big baby so the newborn stuff I had enthusiasticly ripped the tags off and washed didn't fit and I couldn't return them :( I would just do a few bits to get you thru the first couple of days :) xXx

i think ill be using persil non bio which is what i use anyway, i used non bio with brendan and also used comfort pure fabric softner but that gave him spotty skin so i wont be using that again!

I use fairy for my stuff as well because Im allergic to everything else.

A word of advice is don't wash EVERYTHING. I did exactly that and Jessie was a big baby so the newborn stuff I had enthusiasticly ripped the tags off and washed didn't fit and I couldn't return them :( I would just do a few bits to get you thru the first couple of days :) xXx

good thinking batman glad you said that, cos i'd have gone mad.

i'm loving gap baby stuff atm proper cuddly clothes nice soft ward towelling sox as well.

I use tesco own non bio. I also agree with nikkinoonoo, washed everything and got loads of stuff she never wore and wish I could've taken it back

my bit of advice don't use non bio wash powder in over 40 degrees wash cos it doesnt clean clothes then.
bit of useless info i learnt while doing a level biology lol

does it matter with all this no boi stuff? I just use whatever is on offer at the super market and at the moment it was surf concentrated lemon and burgamot???

neecee you always ask what i want to know! lol

less chemicals in non bio thats, so hence could reduce irritation. non bio only works at 40 degrees. babies skin can be sometimes sensitive to wash powder.
i use normal powder on rosies stuff now cos after she's been wearing clothes outside it doesnt get stains out. especially grass stains....

Biological has a lot more chemicals, it gives me a rash so I wouldnt use it on babies clothes.

Ahh thanks girls I ill stick some non bio in for the baby cloths. i never look at boxes myself as it never used to matter.

I use Fairy powder & their softener too - I seem to be allergic to a lot of other brands, and this is the only one that's any good for me, so I guess it will be ok for Baby's sensitive skin. Plus it smells lovely!!

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->