Washing

P

pinkmummy

Silly question I know :blush:

But how do you wash your nappies?

I have washed them before but these last 2 times I have washed them they have come out smelling of wee :sick: :blush:

I put them on a rinse first then put them on a 40C normal coloured wash with a washing tablet but no conditioner

Maybe my washer is on its way out again? :shrug:

I do a cold rinse, then either wash at 30 or 60 (i tend to do alternate) - I use soapnuts mostly and sometimes bold2in1, sometimes I do an extra rinse too

Try giving them wash at 60 maybe?

I always wash ours on a 40 degree cotton wash. I have buttons on my machine to add a pre wash and extra rinse to the program and I also use about one third of the usual amount of powder (Surf with Essential Oils)

Just to add, I also use a couple of drops of Merv's Mum's Spuggies Final Solution in the fabric conditioner drawer :)

i put milton antibacterial fabric solution in the pre wash draw and wash at 40 x

You may have a powder build up. Try washing them with no powder, but about half a cu of vinegar, and a tablespoonful of bicarb, then rinse them over and over and over until there aren't any bubbles at all in the machine.
I use ecoballs to wash mine, as that way there is no powder, so it can't build up, and it saves money, as you don't ever need to buy powder at all!

I wash the way that bumGenius recommend - one cold wash with 1/4 of detergent, one hot wash (60 degrees) wash with 1/4 detergent, and an extra rinse cycle.

I washed my nappies at 40* this morning with a little non-bio, and they stunk. So i put them back in with no soap on a 75* wash and they smell wonderful now!! they are out on the line :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->