Watching 'One born every minute' now...

That husband was an idiot and acting like a little kid. Although I did wonder if perhaps that was his reaction to the whole situation, much like you get people laughing at horror films. Or perhaps he was trying to lighten up the situation for their son. I felt ever so sorry for the poor son - he looked like he didn't know what to do with himself and when he asked his mom if she wanted to squeeze his hand (he'd obviously seen this or heard of it before or something, bless him) and she said 'nooooooo' and he just looked at the camera and looked really uncomfortable. Bless!

I felt very sorry for the c-section lady who wanted to see her baby and wasn't allowed because of the spinal and because they were stabilising the baby. I inhaled meconium when I was born and had a pneumothorax and was taken to Intensive Care and put in an incubator and my mother said that she cried that night as she lay in the ward with all the other moms feeding and looking at their new babies and she wasn't able to do that with hers. She said she subsequently found it quite difficult to bond with me for a few days and feels that this was caused by the delay and lack of frequency in seeing me.

Did anybody else think that the c-section lady's partner seemed rather 'detached' and non-supportive? He just looked really bored all the time and didn't say a lot. It really struck me most when she was walking down to theatre and he was just walking next to her, but not holding on to her or comforting her or anything - just walking as if they were just friends. Again though, perhaps this was his way of dealing with it?

I guess none of us know how our OH's will react when the time comes. I'd like to think mine would be supportive and not laugh at me and would comfort me, but who knows after watching this!

I was absolutely horrified by both of the guys :nope:
lisas partner didnt care at all, and she was so scared and there was no one there to even be nice to her, he barely spoke to her or even glanced at her, i found it disturbing..
and steve, oh my god what planet is that guy on i mean really, if theres any time in someones life when they need looking after its giving birth! where the hell did they find these blokes!?

i watched it too. i think both the ladies did brilliantly, although i was wishing the one having the natural birth would just flippin push at the end! i guess she was just totally exhausted. i actually preferred steve's reaction to the whole thing than Lisa's partner. although his behaviour was a little strange (!) i think that was the type of relationship they had. he obviously knew exactly how to make her laugh and try and take her mind of it. to be fair to him , he had had a vasectomy, followed by a vasectomy reversal when she wanted another baby, time to get his own back perhaps!?? :haha:

Phew! So glad it wasn't just me that thought that about the c-section lady's partner! Nobody had mentioned him, so I was worried it was just me :wacko:

I thought that the section ladys partner was shit scared, but even if my OH was that scared id still expect him to be giving me a cuddle!

hope it was that he was scared, i felt sooo sorry for her though, even she said he didnt seem interested, bles her.
god im broody but watching people give birth has the opposite effect on me, makes me terrified and not want to have sex ever again!

I'm glad sneaky hubby secretly watched it in the living room though, he came to bed with so many questions! bless him

Lisas partner - even when she was talking to him and being quite amusing, he was just straight faced! I wondered what it would take for him to react to anything! poor girl...

If I had to choose between to two reactions, I'd have to go for Steve, and then kill him. Atleast I'd not feel alone!

Were Lisa and her partner still together or was he just there as the babies dad?
Either way, yeah, you'd think he'd be a bit more supportive. I was really suprised he didn't go and see his baby in the intensive care and keep it company when Lisa couldn't go. Cold :(

Just watched it on 4OD, its made me even more broody and stupidly excited to go through labour and birth again :dohh:

Both partners I thought were strange, didn't seem very emotionally involved, although saying that I think Lisas partner was just scared shitless!

Cant wait for next weeks now! :D

i think they were together, im sure they would have said if not.
at the time i was more appalled by steve, but i probably would choose him over whateverhisnameis and kill him later.
even if these guys are just scared/whatever, you really would think that for something like this they'd just pull it together for e few goddam hours!:wacko:

i read on another thread about this programme that one of the girls knew lisa and her bf and she said he was just shy and that he is a great dad and the baby is doing really well - whether thats true or not i dont know

im really shy but if someone i even vaguely cared about was giving birth i could ignore a little camera in the corner of the room!:wacko:

I can see that Angie. It must be hard enough having to watch your partner go through that, not knowing if your baby is going to be ok and having a camera shoved in your face.

so if your oh didnt even glance at you or reassure you, you wouldnt mind? i suppose people just have different relationships, like someone said with steve and whatshername its just the way they get on. i would expect my partner to be looking after me though no matter how he felt id be the one going through labour. but everyones relationship is different i suppose.

labour programs just put me off having another because it makes me think of the first time *crosses legs*

my oh was sh*t scared but i needed him to be there for me and told him to grow a pair and rub my back, because yes it us having to give birth altho it isnt very nice to watch

I think a lot of men like (and find it easier) to help out in a practical way and some don't really get the 'emotional support' thing. So if they've got a job to do like rubbing your back, holding your hand, holding your leg, whatever, I think they feel more useful and like they have a role. I think men find it hard to know what to do during labour unless they are specifically told! :)

thats true deeper altho i just wanted to strangle my oh for just sitting there when i didnt no what do do either lol

saying that the hospital i was at while having zane were beyond a joke they were awful so oh not really doin much didnt effect me as much as they did

Sounds rubbish moomin! Yeah, if the MW's were just sitting round looking gormless that would p*** me off even more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->