Watching shindlers list...

tina3747

Mummy of 2 gorgeous boys!
Reaction score
and I'm Sat here sobbing ... What an amazing man, unbeliveable film. Just so sad it's true .

Never seen the film, keep meaning to watch it. I've got recorded on TV.

In real life though the Jews had pay him thousands, unfortunately he didn't just do it out of the goodness of his heart. I think Hollywood forget to put that part in?

Really?? I never knew that. I suppose he risked his life though, give me some hope there were some good people left!!

Never seen the film, keep meaning to watch it. I've got recorded on TV.

In real life though the Jews had pay him thousands, unfortunately he didn't just do it out of the goodness of his heart. I think Hollywood forget to put that part in?

The vast majority of the money that was paid to him was used to pay off and otherwise bribe the Nazis to save lives though, and on supplies for his workers .... he ended the war penniless and without that money he would never have been able to save the people that he did :shrug:

I love that film (I've read the book too) ... I've seen it so many times and I still cry every time

Oh yeah he risked his life, & did save the people so he was a good man in that way! But yeah, they had to pay. I watched a documentary about him

There's a bit where the women are rejoicing because they get to stay behind as thier babies are still in the camp... Then they see all the children being taken away in trucks. Just so heartbreaking. Love the ending where all the list survivors are putting stones on his grave,seeing them alive is amazing. If you've not seen it watch it... On sky today, prob be repeated a few times!!

I havnt seen that film for years, our school made us watch it as part of our history lesson, teachers where a bit lazy (hell we even watched robin hood prince of thieves as part orf one lesson)
Even though it was a great film and I watched it again years later still dont think it was a great choice to make a room full of 9 year olds sit all that time and watch it.

One of my favorite films . he did start out taking the money of Jews for his own benefit but when he realized what was really happening and how the Nazis were killing them (not using the jews as workers that is what he thought at first) brutally killing babies mothers fathers the old the sick (Everyone) , I don't think he even realized what a big heart he had, he saved thousands and if it was not for him thousands would not be alive today meaning their offspring. He was a drunk and a womanizer but had a heart of gold and saved all he could, in my opinion he was and is a hero, he is buried in Israel. :flower:

I have wanted to watch this for years but everytime I see it's on it's already been on for an hour or so and this is one film I am going to see properly and not just sort of catch up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->