Water and sippy cups?

lesleyann

Mummy
Reaction score
Kyle does not really seem to like water or sippy cups well he thinks there a toy lol and more water goes on the floor his clothes ect than anywhere near his mouth.

Does he really need the water? Should i just keep persisting with the water and sippy cup or give it a break for a while then try again ?

should i just keep giving him water in the cup as say a toy till he learns what its really for?

He has 3 meals a day and about 20oz of milk per day

What about trying a Doidy cup? I hold it, and she sips from it, don't put too much water in it though or it'll just go everywhere. Ruby won't drink water from a sippy cup, so when we're out I must admit I give it to her in a bottle.

I only offer water after salty foods like cheese, bread etc.

Hayden was the same way for awhile. I did take the little stopper thing that makes it not leak out and let him try with that just so he realized there was actually something in it but he didn't care he didn't want it yet. So I just offered it with meals...usually like once a day with either lunch or dinner...he eventually caught on to what it was, but I didn't push it. He'll drink it when he's ready :)

I also use a Doidy cup and like Claire, I hold it whilst she drinks. I offer at every meal and she usually has some, sometimes quite a bit.

Freya has no idea what to do with a sippy cup, which is why I got a Doidy.

we have a fab cup... its kind of inbetween a sippy cup & a bottle teat, it works really well and is non spill.. its the only type of cup Ruby will take water from...
https://thesoftlanding.com/nuby-7oz-two-handle-cup-with-soft-silicone-spout-.html

couldnt find a uk link for it but i got ours from tesco

I'd persist with the water, as I think it's better to get them used to it earlier.
It took a while for Seren to grasp it, but we started with the free flow cups, and I held it while she drunk it. It was a long process of the both of us getting soaked, along with my living room lol, but she got there in the end. If he refuses it from the cup you're using it may be worth trying different cups? I went from a trainer cup, and another one which I'm not sure the make of, to the tommee tippee first cup, which we finally had the breakthrough with x

rhys was 9 months when he eventually got the hang of and properly drank from his sippy cup, if he's thirsty he'll drink. offer it at every meal time i just sit rhys's on his highchair tray and if he wants to have a go he'll reach for it.

rhys loves his milk still and has a bottle in between meals morning and night, and during the night sometimes still

x

Well i have a few different ones he can "play" with 2 are the asda non spill one with handles one without ( handles make no difference to him) A tommie tippee one that came with my stearilizer (sp?) that he can undo so dont use that one and a tommie tippee free flow one when it was on offer at asda.. I must say his best used one is the free flow its the one wear water aleat goes in and our of his mouth lol

I think ill give him it to play/drink from every night in his bouncer (he uses it best in there) for him to get used to it and he would be getting changed for bed after anyway if he gets soaked

we have a fab cup... its kind of inbetween a sippy cup & a bottle teat, it works really well and is non spill.. its the only type of cup Ruby will take water from...
https://thesoftlanding.com/nuby-7oz-two-handle-cup-with-soft-silicone-spout-.html

couldnt find a uk link for it but i got ours from tesco

We also have one of these, we got our from morrisons. Connor not really keen on water but when he will take abit this is the only one he will take it from

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->