water birth advice please?

littlepurple

Reaction score
I went to see the water birth facilities half an hour away yesterday. As well as bringing the reality of what's going to happen in a matter of weeks to life, it struck me as being quite clinical. Is there anything I can do to make it a bit more relaxing and homely? Can I have low lights etc.?

I'm sure you can definitely do lots to make it more comfortable for you. I'd first just ask them what options you have as far as lighting (they may have a low lamp they can bring in or the lights might have a dimmer on them). If not, I'm sure you can bring a lamp from home as well as other comforts that would make it seem more familiar and relaxing for you. I'm planning a home birth, but I plan to use some battery operated candles during my birth, which you should be able to bring into a hospital or birth centre (no open flames obviously). Maybe look into those in addition to low lighting as it might give it a less 'clinical' feel to have some flickering light? Do you plan to use any aromatherapy or music during birth? If you are doing any of that at home or plan to start, that might also be a great thing to bring along as it will remind you of home when you smell it or listen to the music. Some favourite blankets and pillows, plus a nice warm fluffy robe and slippers might help too.

I'd like to, yes. I've got some lavender oil and I'm working on putting a playlist of tracks together. I'd like to use both to relax. It's quite a small pool so I'll be in there on my own, but it still looks huge and uncomfortable for me so anything will help.

Plus we've been instructed to bring our own fish net, so it's a good job me and oh are close!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->