Water birth and other questions!

Scuba

Mummy & Pregnant
Reaction score
It's me again lol..

More questions for you mummies I'm afraid!
Water birth.. Can I have this at a MLU when I'm GBS positive? I know I'll be given IV antibiotics but don't see why this should effect me having a water birth?

I'm scared I won't cope again this time round - but also I don't want an epidural if I can manage without it. How can I learn how to cope? Does hypnosis work in helping women to trust their bodies ability? I totally want a good, controlled birth experience this time, but our nhs trust is rubbish - at parent craft classes they taught nothing on breathing techniques but they did show us all the forceps and tell us we can get epidurals.. Not very helpful or inspiring!!

Basically ANY advice you can give me on how to cope, water births, anything really - would be very welcome!xx

I am not sure about the WB at the MLU when you have GBS. Maybe speak to your MW about that and see what their policy is? If their policy is "no", then you might have a bit mor of a fight on your hands to get what you want....

About coping -
- first, try to get into a positive mindset. Read and listen to positive birth stories. Watch birth videos on YouTube. Listen to, read and repeat postitive affirmations. I think it is easier to cope when you are coming from a positive place.... if that makes sense?
- lots of women find hypnosis really helps them to relax and cope, but different things work for different people. Follow your gut.... What resonates with you?
- The No.1 thing that helped me to cope was focussing on my breathing, especially as the sensations got more intense. Breathe in deeply - lots of oxygen for your womb to help it work effectively, and lots of oxygen for your baby too. Breathe out steadiily, breathe it all out and away.
- Visualisations can help too. Visualise your cervix/vagina opening. Or picture a flower in your mind and watch it blossom. Some women like to imagine the ocean (because the sensations are a lot like waves). I took one from a book: I imagined I was filling big red balloons (with my breath) and watching them float away in a clear blue sky. :)

The other thing that helped me was water.... immersing myself in water helped me feel a lot more comfortable!

Who will be with you? What support do you have? (ante natally and during labour)??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->