Water birth at Hospital

shayandbump

Reaction score
I'm not sure if I'm in the right forum, sorry if I'm not :blush:

It's still early days but for our 2nd birth I'm really interested in having a water birth at Hospital.

The only thing is I'm scared I'll plan it all out and then I won't be able to. With our 1st, Amy, I'd wanted a natural birth at Hospital (had to because I was considered high risk). Long story short, she was back-to-back, getting into water was unbearable and I ended up having an epidural & assisted delivery.

I'm worried of planning out this wonderful birth and it all going wrong again. Anyway, I mainly wanted to know your experiences of a water birth, especially after a previous birth that went a bit wrong.

Thanks in advance ladies :thumbup:

Every birth is different, second and subsequent births tend to be shorter and this time you're apt to be better off emotionally to deal with the entire situation. There's absolutely nothing wrong with prepping for your "perfect" birth as long as your prepared that somethings plans change.

In the meantime, I suggest you check out the website www.spinningbabies.com It has excellent ways of ensuring baby is in an optimal position.

Plan out your birth hun but go into it with the mindset that it may not go according to your plan so you're not upset or disappointed if it does go pearshaped.
OT, but that is a beautiful pic in your avatar, your daughter is gorgeous!

Plan out your birth hun but go into it with the mindset that it may not go according to your plan so you're not upset or disappointed if it does go pearshaped.
OT, but that is a beautiful pic in your avatar, your daughter is gorgeous!

I know what you mean. My hospital has a new birthing centre with pools and it's more like having a home birth. The problem is there's no pain relief on offer apart for gas and air , I think. I want a water birth too but as it's my first baby I have no idea if I'll be about to cope with the pain. The midwives thinks I should go for the water birth?

I've had a water birth as well as a 'dry!!!' birth and the water birth was fantastic, it was so much more relaxed, helped with the pain. I loved it x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->