• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Water birth wear?

Yeah no such luck finding swim suits anywhere this time of year:haha: Hoping to find an open front sports bra when I run errands later after the black friday madness calms down.

I am absolutely in love with Mothercare sleep bras and this is what I wore in labour last time, after I had him and all through this pregnancy. They are so soft and supportive. THey do ordinary nursing bras but I found they didn't stretch to support my engorged breasts as well as the sleep ones do. So so soft!

I could order online, I'm just curious how much shipping would be lol.

I'm sure you'll find something, if you look in the bf section there's a post going around about the target bras, maybe you could look there first some of them look ideal.
I got my tankini in the winter i think when pregnant with ds mothercare online. I think most places will stock maternity swimwear all year round online.
I've seen a lot of the ladies at aquanatal here in their normal bikinis with their lovely bumps all out.
Xx

I'm sure you'll find something, if you look in the bf section there's a post going around about the target bras, maybe you could look there first some of them look ideal.
I got my tankini in the winter i think when pregnant with ds mothercare online. I think most places will stock maternity swimwear all year round online.
I've seen a lot of the ladies at aquanatal here in their normal bikinis with their lovely bumps all out.
Xx

I tried a normal bikini on and it honestly looked (from the front) like I had nothing on my bottom half :haha: Not a good look for me :)

I have a swimsuit that is sort of like a tankini. The bottom is joined to the top by mesh and the top part ruches and you can pull it down as low as you like. I might just cut the bottom part off that as it still fits me and buy some bikini bottoms :)

Target maternity swimwear is actually on sale online. They're usually willing to ship it to store for free, and you can go try them on there and decide if you want to 'return' it. So you can 'buy' a couple sizes and then return what doesn't fit all in one trip to the store. There's a 2 piece (sold as separates) shorts tankini that ties around the neck so you can untie it to nurse when the time comes.
https://www.target.com/p/maternity-...#prodSlot=medium_1_10&term=maternity+swimwear

^^ I used the Target maternity swimsuit posted above (in black) for my last birth. The only problem was getting it off quickly after the baby was born. I remember my midwives struggling with the knot while we were trying to do skin-to-skin and start breastfeeding. I'm wishing I didn't sell it afterwards! This time I found a swimming top in a thrift store. It goes down a bit over my belly but not all the way -- at least it was cheap!

With my first I hadn't planned for a water birth but as the pool was free and they offered it to me I went in. At that stage I didn't care and got in naked. For some reason I was mortified about it after! With my second I had a planned water birth at a stand alone midwife led centre and I wore a bikini

I found an old bikini top that I haven't worn in years that I mostly fit into... I figure who cares if my boobs look a little funny in it, it'll eventually come off anyways. I just want something to start out in because I know I'm not going to be ready for nudeness right at the start lol, I'm a bit bashful.

The woman who did our hospital orientation said most mothers just get in the tub naked. I'll do that if that's what I want in the moment, but I'm probably going to bring my maternity tankini (not sure I'll bother wearing the bottoms), and a few soft nursing bras like this one (enough for during and after the birth): https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002K6F79Q/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I don't think I'll want to deal with a clingy wet shirt, and sports bras are hard enough to get off when they're dry and I'm not in labor ;) I want to have the option for modesty (ha!), but make it as easy as possible to go straight to skin to skin.

I wore the nursing bra I had on when I got to the hospital. I was in the hospital gown after I checked in. No bottoms except a giant pad to sit on lol. Then as soon as I got the chance I was in the tub with my spandex nursing bra and portable baby monitors attached to my belly the whole time. I didn't even notice I had my bra on lol.

I didn't have a waterburth but I did labour in water for my first. I had packed a bikini top and a couple of sarongs for modest dry labouring and made a swim skirt (with no pants part) for in the water. But then I ended up in syntocinon and it was such a hassle getting undressed so I said forget modesty and spent the rest of my labour nude, though I think I was wrapped in blankets or towels when I got out of the tub still pretty early on.

My next birth will be photographed though and I want to feel comfortable sharing photos so will again plan on a swim skirt for in water and a sarong for on land. I wear Venus bras/Genie bras etc since they stretch and nursing bras don't come in an A :haha: so will probably just wear my bra.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->