water birth??

Tezzy

Mum of 2 TTCAL
Reaction score
do i just ring the hospital when i go into labour to see if the pool is free or should i ask if i need to book it first?

has anybody ever had a water birth? can you have gas and air? can you actually give birth in the pool?

I was told it was first come first serve by my midwife and that when I was in Labour to give labour ward a call and explain you want to use the birthing pool, Once you're in labour and phoned them they will keep it for you as long as no 1 else has phoned before you

At Darlington Hospital you can give birth in the pool and have gas and air whilst you're in the pool, and if you wished your partner can get in the birthing pool with you. I didnt like the idea of that but i ended up having to have a c-section in the end so i never got there so im afraid thats all I know.

I do know you cant have any other forms of pain releif other than Gas and Air but you probably already know that

Every hospital may be different so i'd check with your midwife.

x

Ive requested to go in the birth pool at one point during labour and as long as its free its fine, you dont have to book in advance (at my hospital) My midwife said that if im wanting to actually give birth in the pool it might be a little more difficult as there needs to be a midwife trained in water births and they aint always available.

thanks for your reply, i didnt think it was common to actually give birth in the pool... whatever happens i dont want to give birth on the bed!

was just told to ring and let them no so they could prepare and save it if it was free. and yeah you can use gas and air.:happydance:

thanks for your reply, i didnt think it was common to actually give birth in the pool... whatever happens i dont want to give birth on the bed!

Like the idea of it, but always wonder myself if you actually give birth in the pool, any reason why you wouldnt want to give birth on the bed if you dont mind me asking?

i gave birth on the bed with my son and i hated it, not being able to move around much really annoyed me and apparently its the most painful position to give birth in because of the way your spine is positioned. id rather be on all fours or maybe squatting on the floor. i also didnt like the way colin couldnt hug me properly because i was half sat up supported by the bed and he couldnt reach me because of the wires and the gas and air pump. and im NEVER using stirrups again pmsl, felt like they were ripping my legs apart

do i just ring the hospital when i go into labour to see if the pool is free or should i ask if i need to book it first?

has anybody ever had a water birth? can you have gas and air? can you actually give birth in the pool?
Id suggest finding out beforehand (at my hospital, you had to book the birthing suite - where all the birth pools were). I didn't book it, I was only given the room with the tub because I was left in a corridoor for hours and I think they felt bad. You most likely need to book!

I had gas and air and gave birth in the pool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->