Water Birth

liverpoolbaby

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

I would like to know any additional information about Water Births.

This is my 1st baby and I would like to be in the water but have a few questions?

:flower:

1. After baby has been born and they place the baby on your chest, how long is it until they cut the cord? or do you climb out still attached?

2. How long after do you stay in the pool holding the baby?

3. When you are told to get out of the bath where is the baby?

4. Do you deliver the placenta in the pool also or asked to get out?

5. ... what if you had the injection to speed up the contractions to bring on the placenta?

I have 3 weeks left and I would like to know any pro's and/or cons about water births.

Thank you for reading and any information would be most appreciated :hugs:

1. After baby has been born and they place the baby on your chest, how long is it until they cut the cord? or do you climb out still attached?

I did delayed clamping. Think we waited a half hour. I climbed out still attached.

2. How long after do you stay in the pool holding the baby? They asked me to get out after about ten minutes in order to keep him warm. He was 4 weeks early.

3. When you are told to get out of the bath where is the baby? One midwife held him and one helped me out.

4. Do you deliver the placenta in the pool also or asked to get out? I got out to deliver placenta.

5. ... what if you had the injection to speed up the contractions to bring on the placenta? No injection. I was given placenta ease by Herbalore. It's an herbal tincture taken orally. Tasty actually. In another 3 minutes it was out. (Total wait was an hour after birth I think).

Hope this helps! Waterbirth is awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->