water damaged phone in rice?

miss.kayleigh

me, oh and jakey lee
Reaction score
i dropped my iphone down the toilet today :dohh:
i'm soooo gutted i love it, i have put it in some dry rice as i've heard that dries it out... it's been in there for a few hours and the screen is still blank but it does ring and i can answer it.
has anyone used the rice drying out technique and it's worked? is there any hope for my best friend the iphone :cry:

I used to work for a mobile phone company and this was one of the secret tricks we used to advise for people who dropped phones in toilets/pints. My mum successfully saved her phone doing this too. Leave it in the rice overnight :thumbup: Hope it works!

I did the exact same thing last week and the rice 'trick' worked (also put it on a cushion on a warm radiator, airing cupboard would work too if you have one) though the battery life isn't what it was, I can live with that though! :thumbup:

I've heard that you shouldn't switch the phone on until it's completely dry otherwise it can shortcircuit and make it worse x

It was on when it went in i've tried to turn it off but the screen is blank and i can't see if it's still on or not :s lots of good reviews for the rice trick so fingers crossed :(

This is really good to know! Do you put it in a bag of dry rice and leave it overnight?

Have you taken the battery out? I was told to take that out and put the phone together then put it in the rice.

you have to take the whole thing apart for it to work otherwise water hides in tiny places and discharges the battery.
The rice thing is ment to have a realy good success but I didnt find out about it till a few days after my phone got wet and I lost the first birth photos and first step video of my son on that phone :(

It didn't work when my iPhone got wet and it wasnt fully submerged like yours.

Apple have a great after care service so will just replace your handset if it less than a yr old or £139 for new one if not. I had to pay as it was 3 months out but it was a brand new handset.

it worked with my samsung but i had to leave it in the rice for 3 days!! x

Worked for a friend who dropped her phone in a swimming pool. Unfortunately a few days later she then did exactly the same thing again and it didn't survive the second dunking.

Just thought I'd let you all know my phone was in the rice for just over 24 hours and it's workin perfectly again :) oh dear your poor friend dropping her in water twice in a few days what bad luck!xx

Glad it worked. I was going to say that if it didn't Apple do have great aftercare but its been said already lol..

Worked for my OH and it was fully submerged in a bucket of water whilst washing the car :)

I use silica gel. My sister soaks her phone on a weekly basis and always manages to save it :lol:

You have to remove the battery before you put it in the rice and leave it for a few days.

i dropped my iphone down the toilet today :dohh:
i'm soooo gutted i love it, i have put it in some dry rice as i've heard that dries it out... it's been in there for a few hours and the screen is still blank but it does ring and i can answer it.
has anyone used the rice drying out technique and it's worked? is there any hope for my best friend the iphone :cry:

yes, it worked for my son's ipod. I found it in the washer (a Biiiggg oops for not checking his pockets) I put it in a container of rice and let it sit there for days.

I dropped my iPhone in the bath, after putting it in rice, it's still going strong!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->