water

kimbotrav

Reaction score
hi ladys i was just wondering if im allowed to give my premature baby water to drink as well as milk?? xxx

how old is your little one? Our baby is just over 10 weeks old, 2 weeks corrected and we have been giving him an oz of cooled boiled water in between every couple of feeds to help with his constipation, not sure if any other mummies have been advised differently but we checked with the midwife,HV, doctor and baby clinic before we gave him it and they said it was ok, plus it helps clean their mouths out.

hi thanks for replying :) my lil one is 7 weeks old now and was ment to be due in 2 weeks xxxx

When Amelia was released from hospital she was having trouble with constipation as we'd switched from breast to nutriprem.They advised us to give her cooled boiled water to help. She was 36 weeks old x

Should be fine hun - but unless its for constipation, your baby should be fine on just milk

I would confer with your Dr. I heard that giving babies water too early gets rid of all of nutrients and electrolytes needed and my cause other issues.

thank you i spoke wiht my health visitor and she said only give water if he constipated other wise steer clear its already in his bottles :) xxx

Your baby should be fine just on milk. Elias is 10 months old, and I just started giving him 2-3 ounces of water a day with his meals (he's still being breastfed 4-5 times a day as well).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->