Waterbirth of my gorgeous Jaxon 13/08/11 *PICS*

xxchelseaxx

Reaction score
Here is the story of my waterbirth, it was a very quick labour but the story will probably end up long :blush: so if you have time grab a drink and enjoy :coffee: .....

10/08/11 - 40+2

Had my aquanatal class as usual and after went to see my mw for a sweep. Cervix was posterior so she 'walked it down' (Ouch!) and i was already 2-3cm and very favorable :thumbup:

12/08/11 - 40+4

So today was much like most other Fridays, my mum and i went into town to pay bills and have coffee. We didn't stay long as i needed to go Asda shopping so mum dropped me home and took my youngest daughter to her house and me , my dh and eldest daughter went to Asda.

Later on my my mum came back round to pick up my eldest daughter as my mum and step-dad were taking the girls on holiday the following day! We were all quite gutted that lo hadnt arrived as this meant none of them would see him until they came back from holiday the following week :nope:

After the girls had gone dh and i decided to go for a walk down the seafront. it was about 5pm. we had done lots of walking in the previous weeks and although dh reckoned it was pointless i always felt more crampy after a walk, although it never had amounted to anything i still felt it was worth a try. We walked for about an hour and i started getting bh's every now and then (nothing unusual) but that was it. when i got home i had my show and i decided to run a bath with my radox bubble bath and relaxed for a while. The bh's were still present but were not regular and not strong (i was having 2-3 an hour!)lol.
After my bath i sat and bounced on my ball, determined to get things going, it seemed to bring a few more bh's however they were still irregular and weak.

At 9pm we decided another walk was in order so off we went again, during the walk my bh's became closer together and stronger, although not strong enough for me to think 'this is it'. we were nearly home when we came across a shih tzu dog sat on the pavement by the side of the road, no owner in sight, no lead, no details on collar! :shrug: omg! now what do we do? Of all nights to find a dog!! :dohh: it was very old looking, had gunky eyes, matted fur and couldn't walk properly. :nope: we thought it had maybe escaped and been hit by a car :shrug: We couldn't just leave it there so dh picked it up and we took it home. dh sat ouside the front door with it and tried giving it some water and food (we have 3 dogs ourselves) while i called the RSPCA. The RSPCA logged our call and said if anyone reports a missing dog they will give the owner our number!! WTF?? i told them that we can't keep hold of this dog as we have 3 hectic dogs who would probably frighten the poor thing to death and i could possibly be in labour so we may not even be here! so they gave me the number for the local dog warden! err no way am i giving it to dog warden! :growlmad:
dh rang his mum (by this time its 10pm) and told her to come get the dog and we would take it to the local rescue in the morning.
Just as his mum turned up a man came down the street looking for his dog!! :happydance: THANK GOD!!!! Turns out it was 15yrs, blind and had a problem with her back legs!! (no excuse for not bathing it, poor thing), she had escaped when someone left the gate open (surprising as she could hardly walk). Anyway the guy took his dog and dh's mum didn't have to worry about looking after it!

By the time we sat down it was 10:30pm and i had only had around 5 contractions in the last hour. at 11pm i had my first contraction that instantly made me think 'this is it' it was defiantly NOT a bh and so after a few more i started timing them. The contractions became stronger and closer together so we decided to make sure we had everything packed ready to go to the MLU where i was planning to birth.
It was 12:50am when i decided to call the coordinator to tell them i was in labour, she told me to meet the mw's at the MLU in 20mins*

*THE LOCAL MLU IS UNMANNED FROM 8PM TO 8AM SO IF YOU GO INTO LABOUR DURING THESE TIMES THE COORDINATOR SENDS MW'S FROM THE MAIN HOSPITAL TO THE MLU (ROUGHLY TAKING 20MINS BY CAR).*

So we jump in the car and get to there at about 01:10am by now the contractions are really hotting up and i knew things wouldn't take long! The mw's weren't there so the security guy let us in and we went up the stairs and sat in the waiting room (the 1 min walk upstairs took about 10mins as i kept having to stop for contractions which were now very intense and lasting over 1min each) we get to the waiting room and realize we had left my notes at home :dohh: i knew that they would need my notes so i told dh he would need to rush home and get them.
Sat in the waiting room by myself i had an awful contraction and felt the baby move down, i had to lean right back in the chair and open my legs! i remember thinking 'OMG i'm going to have this baby by myself'! :haha:
Luckily after only 2 contractions alone the mw turned up! :happydance:
We went through to the labour room and she started filling the birth pool. After another 10 mins or so dh arrived with my notes :blush: and i was given the gas and air, which for the first contraction made me feel sick :sick:, but after i had a drink of lucozade and started puffing on it again for the next contraction i felt good. :thumbup:
The mw examined me about 01:35 and i was 6cm but very stretchy :shrug:
By 02:00 the pool was ready and i jumped in (not literally :haha:), it gave me instant relief and the freedom to move about weightlessly was amazing! i had 2 contractions in the pool and with the third my waters broke :happydance: instantly i felt the head shift right down and with the next contraction i pushed out his head and then his body! :shock: He was born at 02:19.
He was very blue and didn't cry but he was ok and just in shock from the quick birth! :dohh: i sat there with him and rubbed him and spoke to him and told him how happy i was that he was here. the 4 years of waiting was worth it and i'd wait another 4 years if i had to, i'd do anything for him! :cloud9:

His cord was cut after it stopped pulsing and as I wanted to deliver the placenta naturally i stayed in the pool where i delivered it about 25 mins after his birth.
Once i was out the pool the mw checked me over and i had no tears or grazes :yipee:
Jaxon was weighed and was a very healthy 9lb6oz :baby:

The best thing was my girls and my mum got to come round and see us before going on holiday!!!! :yipee:

All in all it was a brilliant birth and it couldn't have possibly gone any better :thumbup:

Total labour was 3hr 19min
3hr 17min 1st stage.
2min 2nd stage.

We got to MLU at 01:10 - gave birth at 02:19 - was home and in bed by 06:00 :-D

I hope you enjoyed my story (if your still reading :blush:).

Here is a few pics:

Attachments

• aug 005 - Copy.jpg
    aug 005 - Copy.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 59
  • PS_214748364721474836472147483647_202147483647 (1).jpg
    PS_214748364721474836472147483647_202147483647 (1).jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 50
  • photo_3.jpg
    photo_3.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 45
  • phgoto.jpg
    phgoto.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 48
Aw lovely birth story, great read! What a quick labour! You look fab in your pics to say you've just given birth! Congratulations!

Congratulations!! What a great account! Your baby is gorgeous and you look amazing in those pictures!!

Wow quick! Massive congratulations! xx

Big congrats, and wow you do look fab! Your little man is gorgeous.

Chelsea! Loved reading that. Super quick and yes you look amazing after giving birth! I looked a right moose!! xx

Congrats again! You and your little man look amazing!! What a quick birth... I want the same next time please! Lol

Congratulations! Your pictures are beautiful... I want a water birth when I have a baby and to learn from your story it can be very relieving has really helped. O:)

Congratulations sounds like an amazing birth :cloud9: he is gorgeous too

What a great story, hope my waterbirth goes as smoothly! Do you think water helped with the crowning part (not looking forward to that lol)? He's gorg! Congrats!!!

This sounds like my dream labour! and you went home so quick!! congrats and your baby is so cute :)

What a great story, hope my waterbirth goes as smoothly! Do you think water helped with the crowning part (not looking forward to that lol)? He's gorg! Congrats!!!

I can't say weather it was defiantly the water but the crowning wasnt bad at all. :thumbup:
i think the water helps overall with everything so the more comfortable you are the less it will hurt anyway.

Good luck with your waterbirth :flower:

Awesome story! I had a water birth to and would definitely recommend it to anyone. Congrats x

Wow, what a great birth story!! Congratulations :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->