Waterbirth Question - Well, birth pool question!

JellyBeann

Son, Daughter, 2 Angels
Reaction score
My living room is very small, and I was wondering, how long did it take you to get the pool down after? It's just I'm not going to want to be squeezing around a birth pool after the birth iygwim? Anyone bought the birth pool in a box (mini) how big is it? And I'm 5'8'' would it be too small for me?

I want to use a liner, so the actual pool wouldn't get wet, but how long did it take to empty and deflate?

They're quite slow to empty. I 100% recommend a liner if your partner is going to be emptying it. It's not a quick job and means they're doing that when they should be snuggling up with you if you need it out of the way. Obviously I empty them all the time for clients so that the family are left undisturbed after so I set it off draining ASAP at that can take an hour or so. Once empty the liner is simply lifted out and tied in a knot and disposed off. I aim to get things done quickly so I can get the mws to take the liner and contents with them but if they're gone or won't take it, you just put the lot in the bin. Deflating is a 5 min job just as inflating it. It's the getting water in and out that takes the time :) HTH

They're quite slow to empty. I 100% recommend a liner if your partner is going to be emptying it. It's not a quick job and means they're doing that when they should be snuggling up with you if you need it out of the way. Obviously I empty them all the time for clients so that the family are left undisturbed after so I set it off draining ASAP at that can take an hour or so. Once empty the liner is simply lifted out and tied in a knot and disposed off. I aim to get things done quickly so I can get the mws to take the liner and contents with them but if they're gone or won't take it, you just put the lot in the bin. Deflating is a 5 min job just as inflating it. It's the getting water in and out that takes the time :) HTH

That helped loads! I'm hoping that we can have a snuggle for a bit, if I labour at night/evening time, it won't be a problem, as we can just leave it for the night and do it in the morning...go straight to bed lol! But that did help a lot, Hopefully, I'll labour at night!! :thumbup:

You can always set it off emptying and leave it till the next day to finish off :)

You can always set it off emptying and leave it till the next day to finish off :)

That might be a plan! :D Think we'll be doing that lol, I wouldn't worry if my living room was a decent size, but it's teeny! (If there's twins in my belly, I should have a new house by the time we need the pool, so I might have a dining room to turn into a birthing room by then lol! <--- That was my original plan!)

My OH emptied my birth pools with a bucket and it took him about 20 minutes. He just carted the water to the bathroom and tiped it put bucket by bucket. We had a slurpie (a kind of pump thing that plumbers use) to do the job but he just wanted to get it done quickly so we could set our dining room table back up again. When he got down to last part it was harder. It was quite amusing watching him walk back and forth with the buckets.

Thanks! Yeah I can see us wanting to get it down ASAP, as we'll probably have some visitors quite soon (want my son to meet baby ASAP!) And he'll be staying with my mum for the first night!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->