Waters Broke and been asked to go to hospital ?

Lauz85

Reaction score
hi my waters have broken and am just having my show now called hospital to let them know told them i was planning a home birth too and have been asked to go in is this normal ? Not sure if i'm having contractions or not had some pain but nothing regular ? Anyone any advice should i call back and ask again i really don't want to get there and be told i've got to stay in ?

Don't go in. Believe me once you're there you won't be leaving until you've delivered that baby, whether you push it out or they give you a section.

Ring them back and tell them you'll let them know when your contractions are close enough for you to be concerned about imminent birth. Good luck! :D

When mine went i was asked to go in to be checked to see if they have gone but that was different as she was early.

I would ring them back and say you wont be going in and expect a community midwife to be out first thing in the morning if nothing much happens before then.

I wouldn't go in either - this was the beginning of the intervention rollercoaster for me... Your labour will probably start properly soon if you relax a bit and walk about at home. Good luck and keep us updated!

Another vote for 'don't go in' for the same reasons as the other ladies have given.

Hope you are doing okay. I would ring back and ask why they want you to come in, as you are having a home birth.... See what they say. Seems weird to me and I would be very hesitant about going in. What's the point, if you're planning to deliver at home anyway and there are no obvious issues at present?

just to let you know, the OP had her baby - in hospital in the end (due to complications I think?); it was posted on the third tri forum :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->