Waters have gone!

WelshOneEmma

1 DD, 1 DS plus 2MC
Reaction score
Woke up at 4.30am needing a wee, went, daughter was crying so picked her up to come into bed with me. Half way to my room I felt like i peed myself! this happened a number of times, put pad in etc.

After spending all morning like this, spoke to hospital and went - turns out its my waters. I didn't think it was as with my daughter I had a pop, large gush and lots of pain. This time, little gushes, regular trickles but no pain.

Now trying my hardest to get this started naturally so i dont have to be induced - any tips?!

eekk good luck hun

lots of walking.. try fresh pineapple, walking sideways up stairs... bouncing on a ball. xx

My main tip is you don't have to be induced and can be monitored as the research evidence shows minimal risk of infection to baby, and only very slightly increased risk of infection to you :) have a Google, get your evidence together and make your decison as to what you want :D ask the midwives for statistics on reasons for being induced.

Remember induction is an invasive procedure that carries its own risk too.

But whatever you decide....... It doesn't matter, it's your choice and you will get to meet baby soon either way!!!! Good luck!!!!!!!!!!

good luck, I was induced after my water was broken for 24 hrs, only took 5 hours after that till I was holding my baby.

Wow! Good luck. Only advice I have is the typical: sex, walking, bouncing, someone said crab walking up the stairs recently (thougt it sounded hilarious but haven't tried it) and squats (squats did the trick with my ds#1, was told to come back to hospital after the weekend as I was only in early stages of labor with #1, went home and was so uncomfortable that squating was my only relief and active labor started three hours later not three days!!)

Thanks ladies. This sounds really bad - its my daughter's birthday party on Saturday so I really need him here by then! Def considering induction. I feel torn, i dont want her to miss out (we already moved the party forward a week as I thought rushing around for a party a week before my due date may kick start things) and it was going to be her last birthday party on her own.

going to start crab walking up the stairs!

20 solid min of nip stim should pick up some contractions ! Lol. It worked for me!good luck :) & congrats!

Well nothing got it kick started! Ended up going into hospital (even tried dancing him out) and they started me on the drip at 1pm. After a lot of laughing, and joking, then a little bit of swearing (i had to have some diamorphine in the end), little man was born at 8.39pm. That is the wierdest feeling having a baby shoot out your vag!!

he is perfect! they kept us in for 2 days due to my thyroid issues so just got home now. I'm a bit sore (no-one tells you about the after pains once you have one child!) and i also tore a little, but other than that am good. he's so chilled - just eats and sleeps! now need to introduce him to his sister!

So happy for you!! And yes, postpartum was a total shock to me first time around... Who knew!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->