Waters or wee?!

Breeelizabeth

Reaction score
Hi ladies, I'm looking for women who have done this all before hoping you can help me, but any advice or suggestions would be great!!
Last night I was driving around and when I got out of the car and stood up I noticed my undies were really rather wet, I could visibly see a small amount of white discharge on my undies but not enough to have made me so wet. The next couple of times I stood up I had the same weird feeling - it felt like I was leaking but actually inside my who-ha (if that makes any sense). I went and laid in bed and fell asleep and nothing more came of it.
I mentioned it to mum this morning who wants me to go to hospital to check to see if it was my waters (I've also had heaps of back pain and cramping over the last few days) but I'll be so embarrassed if I get there to be told that it's not my waters and I wee'd myself.
The fluid had no smell, but I can't determine what colour it was because my undies were black. I've really not had any bad pains since last night and as far as I know, no more leaking incidents.
What do you ladies think? What were your experiences with waters breaking? Would amniotic fluid be able to stop coming out?
TIA xxxx

It might be your waters as urine has a distinct nutty-ish smell. Doesn't hurt to let your dr know or just go in, there is a simple test they can do to check. My waters never broke with ds#1 and haven't yet, so I have no experience with it. But I do have experience with the wet wee undies :blush:

If you had absolutely no control over it I'd say there's a good chance it was your water especially if it was 'gushy'. My water broke at 6:40am while I was in bed and it woke me up; clear, no smell. It stopped briefly then about 5 minutes later it started gushing again all over the bathroom floor. I called the nurse and she told me "whenever you soak through an entire menstrual pad in an hour that's when you should go to the hospital". We did, I ended up starting strong contractions at 8:45am, admitted at 2p, epidural at 4p, and she was born at 7:30p :)

My MW ran some tests on me two days ago because I've been experiencing a lot of watery discharge. She was concerned it may be amniotic fluid. Turned out to just be pee... I wasn't embarrassed! I can't help it. He's still breech and apparently my bladder yields to his kicks. I can't even feel it coming out.

But, Youre a bit ahead of me! I wouldn't wait to go get checked. Fingers crossed for you!!! :)

Lay down for a half hour and then get up. If it gushes out then it's most likely your water. Waters have either no smell or slightly like semen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->