Watery brown discharge

sunshine03

Mother of 1
Reaction score
Hi, sorry if it's TMI but I'm 5wks post partum and I have a brown waterh discharge. So bored of it now, thought is stopped but it started again - only have to wear a panty liner so it's not very heavy but I'm fed up of it. Started to get irritated by the panty liners.
Does anyone else have this?? X

I had this after my first birth. Lots and lots of the brown stuff. Seemed to drag on forever. I'd think it was done and nope, it would return in a day or so. I think I stopped bleeding finally around 6 weeks pp. I believe it's totally normal, so while it's annoying, you shouldn't be concerned. I actually wish mine was brown... I'm 5 weeks pp today and my flow has increased and returned to bright red in the past few days, which worries me a bit... :/

Thanks for your reply. They say when it goes back to being bright red you are doing too much - take it as a hint that you need to sit down! I had that at about 3 weeks but after a day of not really doing a lot at home then it stopped again! If it doesn't stop when you have a rest then I would speak to midwife just to be sure!! Things still don't feel quite right down there as it is so this stuff is annoying now. X

Thanks. Yes, I've read that, about the red being a sign of doing too much. I haven't been though--not physically at least. But I'm under a lot of stress as well as dealing with depression and anxiety so I figure that must be the cause. But hey, I'll try to rest more. Thanks for the reminder. It may be tough however, with a toddler and newborn! I hope things get better for you. I know with my first birth it took quite a while for everything below the belt to feel remotely close to "normal." Our bodies have just been through an awful lot. It's hard to be patient though!

Yes I also have a toddler too so I know rest is not really an option is it!! Ha ha. I try and sit down whilst he's playing or watching tv and just have an hour or so watching something I've sky+'d. I had a c-section with my first so didn't experience any of this - wish of had a c-section again this time coz by week 4 I was totally fine and all recovered so it was actually better recovery then a natural birth by the looks of it!! X

Huh--interesting about the quick CS recovery. I'm always hearing how awful the recovery is. Recovery after my first (vaginal) birth was no picnic. I pushed for nearly 5 hours, had an episiotomy and vacuum extraction. I was really bruised and swollen. I wasn't at all prepared for how painful and slow recovery would be, though I was naive and figured I'd be fine in about 24 hrs after a vaginal delivery--hahahaha! It hurt to climb stairs for weeks and sex hurt for almost a year after. Don't let that scare you however as I don't think that's normal. Recovery after this birth ( I'm 5 weeks pp) has been far better so far physically, so I think like everything, it varies.

On day 6 I was in Tesco doing a food shop with my partner and baby after my c-section. Partner went back to work after 2 weeks and I was walking everywhere as he had the car. This time round after my vagjnal birth I'm only just starting to be able to walk a distance. Still doesn't feel right down there!! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->