watery vs creamy CM confusion - first cycle TTC

sherii

Reaction score
Hi!! This is the first cycle TTC #1 with DH :) (I'm super pumped) I've been tracking CM and doing OPKs every day since AF to get an idea of my full cycle. I thought CM would be straight forward, but there appears to be a margin of error that I didn't expect. So, immediately after AF CM was decidedly creamy, and thinned out over the next couple of days.

But today, CD 11, I'm confused.

Because it's like... significantly more moisture all around down there and 90% watery with a little tiny little weensy bit of lotion-y creamy-ness. So do I classify this as watery, or do I classify as creamy?

I've had negative OPKs daily since CD 8 as predicted. Regardless of CM or OPK result, I'll be doing the do with DH from today onward until CD 16-17 ish. It's just a matter of curiosity, really, and I'm curious as to whether there are other ladies who have this watery-but-not-entirely-so CM. Are thre other ladies out there who have a couple of days when it's watery but not totally clear?

Thanks for your feedback ladies!!!

My CM can go all over the place. There were a few cycles when I never got ewcm, but still ovulated, or where I got ewcm a few days after O. Where it's nice to know what our bodies are doing know that CM isn't a tell-all. It's best to pair it with OPKs and temping to pinpoint your O day.

Good luck! :dust:

My CM can go all over the place. There were a few cycles when I never got ewcm, but still ovulated, or where I got ewcm a few days after O. Where it's nice to know what our bodies are doing know that CM isn't a tell-all. It's best to pair it with OPKs and temping to pinpoint your O day.

Good luck! :dust:

That's good to know! I'm thinking back and wondering if I've regularly seen any EWCM randomly over the years. I'm sure I have sometimes, but it doesn't seem like I get it regularly. I suppose I'll just have to be patient and see... TTC is really a test in letting go of control, and learning patience. It simultaneously sucks and is amazing :wacko:

It really is! Also, if you take an antihistamine that can take CM away cause it dries you up. Gotta love our bodies. :)

that's also good to know! Fingers crossed we won't still be trying when antihistamine is relevant ;) CM today was definitely watery, without a trace of colour. So let the trying begin!!! *does little dance*

It's already relevant where I'm at, but my body doesn't seem to care about it and still produces cm (my body is weird).

yay for watery CM! :dust: :dust: :dust:

That's a good thing though!! This weird is a good weird :) ive gotta ask, where are you? Southern Hemisphere perhaps, for allergies to be acting up? I'm in a Canada so we are mid autumn, heading into winter.

For me when it's watery but a hint of creamy I call that milky white xx

For me when it's watery but a hint of creamy I call that milky white xx

Mine did actually thin out. I had EWCM for a few hours last night and I was like oh yay but then this morning it's watery again. Research tells me that's nor abnormal though, to have EWCM come and go.... This is less straight forward than I thought it would be!

I have EWCM on Monday and ovulated on Wednesday with watery cm. Sometimes you don't get it on the day of ovulation. From what I've read each woman is different, but so is each cycle. That's why it's best to track all of your symptoms together, including temping.

I have EWCM on Monday and ovulated on Wednesday with watery cm. Sometimes you don't get it on the day of ovulation. From what I've read each woman is different, but so is each cycle. That's why it's best to track all of your symptoms together, including temping.

I think next month I'll start temping. I didn't really see the point of doing all three - BBT, CM check, OPK - but now with one month past I can see why temping is good. I could look back over symptoms, CM, and check my temps to see what correlated to ovulation. However, yesterday I had very obvious O spotting when checking cm, which I've never had or noticed before (probably due to lack of cm checking) so I'm absolutely sure I o'd yesterday. However, in retrospect, BBT tracking seems totally worth it

I think next month I'll start temping. I didn't really see the point of doing all three - BBT, CM check, OPK - but now with one month past I can see why temping is good. I could look back over symptoms, CM, and check my temps to see what correlated to ovulation. However, yesterday I had very obvious O spotting when checking cm, which I've never had or noticed before (probably due to lack of cm checking) so I'm absolutely sure I o'd yesterday. However, in retrospect, BBT tracking seems totally worth it

My first month trying I thought so too, but this is my second month and my app had my fertile window too late so I probably would've missed ovulation if I wasn't tracking in other ways. CM clued me in and temp confirmed it for me.

My first month trying I thought so too, but this is my second month and my app had my fertile window too late so I probably would've missed ovulation if I wasn't tracking in other ways. CM clued me in and temp confirmed it for me.

If I end up with a BFN in a couple weeks I'll be doing BBT from now on for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rubysan
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->