*waves* Hi!

Ersurgeongirl

Trying for #2!
Reaction score
So here I am.

heres the story:

Met Joey back in September of 2007, been dating since. We havent really used much protection, as pulling out isnt the best option, but we obviously werent preventing it from happening. I guess whatever happens, happens, right? well after a few months of really bad cycles I called it quits. I am currently back on bc as a backup to his pullout method :blush:. I think we both came to our senses about this issue: we want to really build a solid relationship and enjoy each other before having to raise a child together, since you really do need a solid relationship for the child.

Also, we need to tackle a few health issues first. Im an insulin-dependent diabetic who hasnt been in good control for ages....he smokes pot and cigs. I need to lose some weight, he needs to gain some. So really, we need time to get in optimal health first.

I also graduate from college in may and really dont know where it will take me, so once I settle down, things might be better.

so im here in WTT but i post every where as a supporting member of BNB:happydance:

*sarah*

Aww Honey. Well best of luck with all the challenges ahead!

Looking forward to seeing you back in and TTC in the forum!

thanks NeyNey!

i think im going to wait at least 6 months, maybe even a year. But ill still be in the TTC boards as a cheerleader!

Sarah (Great name! :hugs: :rofl:)

I understand your desire to wait and stuff and I think that it is really mature that you are making that decision although I am sure it is not totally easy. Anytime you need to vent, we're here!

Nice to meet you!

Sarah

I say good for you for taking care of yourselves before TTC! It's wonderful that you want to finish college, start a career and have a stable relationship before bringing a child into your life. I think it shows that you do have your priorities straight and when you do have a child, you'll be a wonderful parent! :)

good luck with school hun, see you around BNB :hugs:

nice to meet you too, name twin!

it is incredibly hard to wait, but i know it is for the best. Joey kinda freaked out before because his dad left him when he was a very small kid, like 8 years old, and it really messed him up and he doesnt want to do that to his potential child. So waiting is appropriate, plus we get to know each other better before baby, so no matter what, we will know if we can make things work.

also, being diabetic, if my blood sugar isnt in control and if i dont miscarry, there is an extremely high risk of the child being born with MAJOR health and structural issues and I dont think I could live with myself knowing that my child is suffering because of my bad decision to conceive when not in optimal health.

A good relationship is a good thing. ^_^

My sister has three kids with three different dads (all are out of the picture) and due to marriages/etc, every single one of the kids, my sister, my mother and I all have different last names which makes my oldest niece (age 9) incredibly confused. (Not that single motherhood is awful but it just makes things all that more difficult, right?)

I am so jealous that you are finishing school. Due to the ages of my DH and I, we are going to TTC before I go back to school for my degree. I have already waited this long so whats a little more... even if it is a little more difficult after a baby.

Its so cool that you are still sticking around to be a TTC cheerleader! ^_^ I look forward to seeing you around the boards!

Also... Good luck with getting the diabetes under control!

yeah I can see how things can get complicated.

as for finishing school, Im only 22 and OH is going to be 26 in a few weeks. I do plan on going back to school, but now that im older and have my own health insurance (the reason why i was going to school is to stay on my dads health insurance) I can take a few years off and live my life and find peace.

I dont think I could ever leave this board, really. Everyone here is so supportive of each other and thats beautiful. Plus, by being supportive of everyone now, im also learning about all the ins and outs of ttc and pregnancy and raising kids so i can become slightly more prepared!

Im starting this new thing tomorrow where I'll actually test my blood sugar at least 4 times a day and take the appropriate amount of insulin. I also downloaded software to help me track my blood sugar levels on a chart and averages and all sorts of neat stuff. I might end up keeping a journal here of my pre-ttc efforts, but im still not sure yet.

Best of luck hun with your goals

YOur right enjoy each other first but I'm not critising me & OH pretty much did same thing from the beginning :D

Glad you've decided to stay about and be an ongoing good member of our forum

x

I think you are very wise to get your health issues resolved and to get to know you and your OH as people before having a baby. As rewarding as having a baby is, it is not always plain sailing right from the start of pregnancy thru to bringing the kiddies up, so I think the more tuned in you are with each other the better. And as for your diabetes, I think you are being very sensible in getting that under control, it will be much better for you and baby in the long run. And lets face it, time flies by, so it wont be long all in all babe! x

well we are already kinda sorta parents ;) He adopted a 1 month old kitten when we first started dating and so he has become the dad and me the mom. its really cute but i think he treats the now 8 month old kitten too much like a baby, always holding, coddling, cooing the cat! :shock: :rofl:

well we are already kinda sorta parents ;) He adopted a 1 month old kitten when we first started dating and so he has become the dad and me the mom. its really cute but i think he treats the now 8 month old kitten too much like a baby, always holding, coddling, cooing the cat! :shock: :rofl:

What's wrong with treating your cats like that :rofl: My two are rotten absolutely spoiled rotten

I guess there is nothing wrong with it, I mean, really...hes just practicing all the baby talk so hes a baby-talk-expert when we do have kids! :rofl:

hi! i love your plan and the way you are approaching the new healthy you:)
take care .ps:if i have a girl (one day) i love the name Sarah-Claire. i always loved Sarah!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->