Ways I can be supportive? . . . Long.

Al Syr

Reaction score
My sister just found out she is pregnant with her 4th on Sunday . . . about 3 weeks ago I went to go pull her out of a mental institute for wanting to commit suicide. Her reasons for being pushed over the edge and getting to those extremes were 1. she could no longer stand her husband 2. stress and 3. severe sleep deprivation.

My sister has had issues with me since I was 15 (she is 6 years older). She has often told me how I am selfish and do not appreciate anything I have because "everything has come so easy to me my whole life". I got married in July 2010, I asked her to be my maid of honor as she is my only sister, she declined and said she did not want to be part of my "circus". A month or so after my wedding I became pregnant, it was unbelievable how my entire family and friends reacted to my baby news, everyone was so happy for my new husband and me. My sister then started talking to me about how common miscarriages were and totally took my excitement away . . . 6 weeks later she announced she was pregnant with her 3rd (right after announcing she was to divorce her husband). Of course everyone was confused with what was going on in her life. She stopped talking to my the whole time I was pregnant with my son. She started talking to me again about 3 weeks before he was born and continued to do so. When I told her I was pregnant this time her husband was in Afghanistan, she started fighting with me and told me it was best if we didn't talk . . . she had no explanation for her decision but I told her how much she hurts me and my family when she acts like this so she kept talking to me. Her husband was on vacation from Afghanistan in October and she told me how hard they were trying to get pregnant, of course it did not work out that time.

Her husband returned home from Afghanistan on February 14 and she was talking about how she was sooooo not ready for another baby because her 19 month old still wakes about 3-4 times a night.

Well her husband came home, she wanted him to take over the chores in the house and caring for their 3 kids, he said no because he worked full time, she told him she actually did want a 4th baby right away, he said no because she cannot maintain the household so with what he told her, then her stress she always talks about, and her severe sleep deprivation caused her to go over the edge and wanted to commit suicide and that is how she ended up in the mental institute for a few weeks.

Now she tells her church friends on facebook she is pregnant but does not tell my mom, dad, or me directly. When I asked her she did not want to tell me, she said she does not want to tell us because we are going to judge her. Well I am not judging her but I am also worried about her mental health, and if she did harm herself and was no longer around what id going to be of her 3 daughters, and now a 4th? She is upset that no one can be happy for her but how can we be? :nope:

Are you sure she's pregnant? Maybe she's just pretending to be for attention?

She sent me a picture of her pregnancy test. It was very light put it was positive. She told everyone on her Facebook but has not told my mom or dad, my mom and dad are the first to know when I'm pregnant, they are the most important. I just don't know what's going on in her head.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->