We are home

clairebear

Mummy to 2 handsome boys.
Reaction score
:happydance::happydance:hello everyone!!!!

well we are home thank god!

well first of all thank you amy for keeping me sane while is was in their and updating everyone. ur a star couldn't have done it with out u.

right down to the nitty gritty.

as some of u know i posted on sunday saying jack had a high temp that was 39 then dropped to 38. well shortly after i posted jack started screaming and crying which was not like his nrmal cry. so i rang the out of hours doctor and he said to go up to the out of hours clinic as a temp above 38 in a baby of his age was serious and 39 was really serious. so off we went and was seen straight away.

after a quick consultation with the doc jacks temp was still in the high 38 so he checked his ears and everthing but couldnt find out what was wrong and was concerned that i had given him the allowed dose of calpol and hi temp was still high. so the doc rang the childrens ward and said we had to goup there straight away and have some tests done. by that point i was really scared and started crying but managed to pull my self together and take jack over.

we got thier and where shown straight to the room he had his temp done again and it was still 38. the registars came in and checked him all over and decided they needed to do three tests. blood urine and a lumbar puncture which made me ball my eyes out again. :cry:

well we had a little comedy as to get his urine we had to sit theier with his nappy off and hold holding a urine sample bottle over his willy and wait for him to wee. well after holding the bottle over his willy for ages we thought i was never going to wee so daddy waited holding this bottle and all of a sudden he weeed and it filled the botttle to quick and sprayed his daddy. which made us both laugh. :rofl:

the laughter was short lived as he then had to have his cannula put in and bloods taken never seen him cry so much my poor baby.

we got back to room and i managed to feed him adn he fell to sleep this was around 11pm then they came and got him for him lumbar puncture and we couldnt go with him so yet again i balled my eyes out :cry: the nurse brought us some tea buscuits and we had nothing to eat and she was worried abut me as i was bf.

well he came back from his LP and he was really screaming it muct have hurt him so bad. i felt awful. they decieded to start his antibiotics and he has is drip put in and he hated it. he finally went to sleep for the night at to in the morning and me and daddy were allowed to stay the night but neither of us slept.

well to cut to the chase all his results came back clear which was the best feeling ever. it turns out his really high temp was caused by a bacterial infection and because it was such a bad infection it gave him such a high temp. he also has a hacking cough, cold, green poo and keeps being sick.

they finally let us home and he is still not a hundred percent but hes on the mend. im so tired and havent slept much the last few days. my little prince is finally alseep again. and im so happy to be home.

thanks for all ur well wishes it meant so much to me . :hug:

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Jack, Claire & Mr Claire))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

You must have been so scared.... but at least he's safe and well and you're all back home now.

I really hope the poor mite feels better soon.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

welcome home! hope you manage to catch up on sleep and that Jack continues to get better. Sorry you had such an awful time x

So glad your little man is feeling a bit better hopefully it won't be long before you return to some kind of normality you are very brave xxxx

great news that he's getting better :hugs:

So glad to hear little Jack is ok!!! :hugs:

Glad you are all home and jack is on the mend. No need to thank me, you did the same for me :hugs:

Happy to hear he's doing better hun.. I'm so sory you, Jack and your DH had to go through this. :hugs::hug:

Aw hun you sound like you've had a rough couple of days, glad your home now tho x

So glad you're home and he's getting better :hugs: Must have been awful for you. Hope he's completely better and back to his normal self soon x

Thats great hun glad all is well, now get some well deserved rest and take care of yourself. xx Big hugs to little Jack

Im so sorry hun, its really scary when theyre poorly. I couldn't be in the same room when Seth had his canula thingy put in, you've been a very VERy brave lady by the sounds of it. So pleased to hear Jack is on the mend.

xxx

Glad he's ok, was telling OH about Jack last night- he's says thats great news he's alright!

ah big big :hug: i really feel for you this is exactly what happend to charlie about a month ago but it turned out he had meningitis i couldnt even go in on the lumbar puncher my partner did, i sat it the room and heard him screaming and i just couldnt stop crying . Im so glad your little one is ok now xxx

Oh sweetie, that sounds horrible. I am so glad to hear he is feeling better. Go get some sleep and cuddle with your boy!

I am so glad all turned out ok, it was very scarey for you all :nope:

:hugs:

Hugs to you all!!! Scarey time fo ryou but I am glad to see your home & hes hopefully much much better!

x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->