We are home!!!

HCB

Reaction score
Finally, after nearly 13 1/2 weeks we brought Lucas home yesterday. It was quite emotional because of how long we'd been on the NICU and also because everyone knew that we were only bringing home one of twins (we lost Morgan at 18 days old). At the same time it was a happy and exciting time for us all.

It all happened rather quickly as it felt like one minute we were still trying to establish his feeds (I posted on here about it) and then the next minute he was on complete oral feeds and they were telling us he could come home. In reality it took about 4 days from the first time we introduced a bottle (in addition to breastfeeding, which he'd been doing for about 4 weeks or so) and he took the first one in about 10 minutes - the little guzzler!

He has come home on oxygen and will be weaned off gradually but we're OK with that. Our first couple of days have been good and we even managed to go for a walk in the sunshine this afternoon, which wasn't scary at all. Even putting him onto the portable oxygen was fine. And we're not as tired as we expected to be but I'm sure that will change over the weekend!

Lucas also managed to hit the 5 1/2lb (2518g) mark the day he left the hospital. He's still a small baby but it's quite a difference from the 2lb 6oz (1072g) he was at birth.

We're really proud of how he's done and can't wait to watch him grow up although I think I'll want him to stay as the tiny, cute baby he is now!

Helen

Massive congrats on bringing lucas home adn floaty kisses to morgan xxx

Congratulations! When Elias first came home I thought I would be dead tired too, but it's been almost 3 months and I'm not!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->