We are wanting to move...

Dizzy321

very proud mammy to 3!
Reaction score
strange question lol....
for those who live in scotland whats it like? is it cheap or expensive? we would like to move and for some reason I like the idea of living in scotland. We used to visit family friends there when I was younger and it was lovely, cant remember where though :dohh:
what is the nicest area? do you like living there?
weird question but I would like to hear form people who live there :happydance:
thanks girls x

Im originally from the central belt (Clackmannanshire/Stirling area) and now live just up by Inverness. It is a beautifull place up here right by the coast, lots of stunning beaches and woodland walks, quite laidback compared to most places! Drawbacks being the Airport has very limited flights, taxis expensive and the shops are arent great. I want to settle up this neck of the woods when we leave the RAF, my parents are even considering moving up they love the slower pace of life but at the minute its not really for me I want to go back to the central belt for a while. It all depends on what kind of life you are looking for as to where the best place to live would be. I have been on postings to England and in certain areas I was paid more to cover the extra cost of living there so Scotland must def be less expensive! I will answer whatever I can for you, ask away.

I am from Scotland hun and it is stunning and beautiful and a wonderful place to raise a family. I absolutely adored growing up there and am proud of it too. There is so many beautiful places to see and go, you can go one way and be in the middle of a thick forest, go the other and be on a gorgeous beach or head down and be right in the City. It really is great.

It is very cheap in relation to where I now live (Surrey) if you stay away from certain places but I do not know the prices where you are so can't compare the two. The cost of living is about the same as everywhere really, a bit less but clothes and food tend to cost what they cost, although, there are a lot of chepear places to shop which we don't have here. The houses are far cheaper in parts though and that is the main difference.

I am happy to answer any questions to may have too :hugs:

xxx

I live in Edinburgh and it;s not cheap. Its probably no different to where you live now.

thank yo so much for the replies, chloes mummy, inverness sounds lovely! just the type of place we want to live and raise our family....slower pace of life. what are the house prices like there? going to have a look at right move now :) x

Pops, sounds so nice, which area of scotland did you live? x

thank yo so much for the replies, chloes mummy, inverness sounds lovely! just the type of place we want to live and raise our family....slower pace of life. what are the house prices like there? going to have a look at right move now :) x

When I was born my folks lived in Glasgow but by the time I was 5 they had got us away from there and took us to the West Coast of Ayrshire which was just gorgeous. We had fields at the top of our road and would come home to find cows and sheep in the garden!! Our evenings were spent walking along beaches in one of the other towns nearby.

We are going back in October for a week and I can't wait :happydance:

xxx

I live in Dundee...rent etc is about average although some ppl who live down south that I talk to have said what we pay rent wise is a lot....

Dundee is alright its not really much for nice views etc...its mostly built up. I don't really like living here to be honest I don't like all the neds and junkies and arseholes that seem to surround us wherever we move around this place.

I'm from Dundee but now live in Angus. As long as you stay away from the central belt it's a lot cheaper than the south/middle of England. There are a lot of places such as Fife, Angus, Perthshire etc. where you can live in a small town or the countryside and still be only an hour or two away from a big city - Edinburgh's a 2 hour drive from me and Dundee's only 20 mins.

Edited to add - the Highlands can be very expensive to buy a home as lots of people (mostly from England lol) have bought homes there so there's a bit of a shortage.

When I was born my folks lived in Glasgow but by the time I was 5 they had got us away from there and took us to the West Coast of Ayrshire which was just gorgeous. We had fields at the top of our road and would come home to find cows and sheep in the garden!! Our evenings were spent walking along beaches in one of the other towns nearby.

We are going back in October for a week and I can't wait :happydance:

xxx

oh wow sounds perfect! I wanna move there now lol! that sounds like just what we want. I dont want to live in a busy town. I can just see us all out in the fields and having cows in the garden :cloud9: sounds perfect to raise the kids. thanks x

Theres about 150 houses in Kinloss going up for sale in 12mths time, we have our name down for one now, they are ex RAF qaurters in great condition kitchens just need a bit of a makeover, front and back gardens reasonable size surrounded by feilds and has a playpark and nursery. The 2 beds are going to be sold in the high 70's, 3 bed high 80's, 4 bed high 90s! This is obv is a bit of a one off but there is a lot of development up here, there was a scheme in Elgin start of last year where the houses built were only sold to familys on an average income. Nairn is a stunning little holiday village right by the sea, not sure what the prices are like but we used to holiday there when I was younger and I still go for days out there. x

Theres about 150 houses in Kinloss going up for sale in 12mths time, we have our name down for one now, they are ex RAF qaurters in great condition kitchens just need a bit of a makeover, front and back gardens reasonable size surrounded by feilds and has a playpark and nursery. The 2 beds are going to be sold in the high 70's, 3 bed high 80's, 4 bed high 90s! This is obv is a bit of a one off but there is a lot of development up here, there was a scheme in Elgin start of last year where the houses built were only sold to familys on an average income. Nairn is a stunning little holiday village right by the sea, not sure what the prices are like but we used to holiday there when I was younger and I still go for days out there. x

wow that sounds great too, I really appriciate all the ideas ladies, very helpful xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->