We lost a house we were trying to buy :(

lau86

Reaction score
Just a bit sad really. We only put ours on the market because this one was perfect for us. We made an offer and it was accepted. Then I see on rightmove it says sold. I ring up the estate agent and she says oh yes someone has made an offer who has sold their house :(. I feel sad and to top it all my mum has fallen out with me over being sad about it...it is pathetic really but it doesn't mean I can help it
Has anyone else gone through this and had a happy outcome?

It's always dangerous looking for a new house before you sell, as a seller will always go with somebody that is able to proceed.

But you never know what will happen, their purchaser could pull out, the buyer could change their minds etc etc.

Keep yours on the market and see what the position is when you are able to proceed.

The circumstances were different but our offer was turned down, the agent then called us a couple of weeks later and we got the house.

If it was meant to be it will all work out, good luck! x

That is so sad. Of COURSE you're upset! I'm sure you had already stated imagining life there. I hope you find somewhere even better very very soon. It really sucks x

I'd be a lot more then upset if I found out I lost a house on a website! Disgusting the agents didn't inform u.
I was fine buying my house, new build and I had the funds straight away, but I can totally see why ur upset. What an idiot ur mum is for falling out with u over it

It's not pathetic at all, a home is a BIG deal so sorry you lost it and the agents and your mum haven't been terribly sympathetic. I really hope this was meant to be because there is an even better house out there for you :flower:

Thanks everyone. I think I had just got my hopes up, everything seemed to be falling into place nicely then it was a shock to see it was sold on rightmove.
With my mum, she is a widow. The day I found out we weren't getting it I was really upset. She wanted me to book some tickets for her on the internet so came round to our house. I was upset. I asked her not to keep taking my sons dummy out and she stormed out going on about what a horrible nanny she must be. I said sorry in a text as she had accused me of snapping at her (I didn't but I know what she's like and will often say sorry for something I Haven't done to avoid a row). She sent me a text back saying 'after all I've been through you treat me like this. It's only a house.' Then asked me not to contact her. She has really shown a spiteful side of herself as she loves having my oldest on a Monday but there is no freaking way I am taking him there at the moment. I think that's what has upset me the most tbh. She says problems are all relative and it's not a competition but she has decided I can't be upset over a house. I bend over backwards for her as yes, in the competition of who has had the most shit of course she wins. She has forgotten that when she lost her husband I also lost my stepdad and then my dad dropped dead a year later. She's all I have and she treats me like this.

<3 I understand hun, it's heartbreaking

The number of homes Ive seen since mine went on the market last July, which have sold under my nose while mine doesn't, is horrendous. The market is completely different in the area I'm in compared to where I'm trying to move.

Honestly wait till you get an offer before setting your heart on somewhere xxxxx

**HUGS** The english way of selling houses seems SO scary! Up here had they done that they would owe you compensation and all legal fees etc.

You have every right to be hurt! Its like someone has take something from you that you basically thought you has.

Thanks everyone. I think I had just got my hopes up, everything seemed to be falling into place nicely then it was a shock to see it was sold on rightmove.
With my mum, she is a widow. The day I found out we weren't getting it I was really upset. She wanted me to book some tickets for her on the internet so came round to our house. I was upset. I asked her not to keep taking my sons dummy out and she stormed out going on about what a horrible nanny she must be. I said sorry in a text as she had accused me of snapping at her (I didn't but I know what she's like and will often say sorry for something I Haven't done to avoid a row). She sent me a text back saying 'after all I've been through you treat me like this. It's only a house.' Then asked me not to contact her. She has really shown a spiteful side of herself as she loves having my oldest on a Monday but there is no freaking way I am taking him there at the moment. I think that's what has upset me the most tbh. She says problems are all relative and it's not a competition but she has decided I can't be upset over a house. I bend over backwards for her as yes, in the competition of who has had the most shit of course she wins. She has forgotten that when she lost her husband I also lost my stepdad and then my dad dropped dead a year later. She's all I have and she treats me like this.

I'm sorry hun, she's not being fair, it's not up to her to decide how you should feel. You can't control your emotions, your reaction was natural and involuntary and has nothing to do with what has happened to your mum. Although it's awful what she's been through, that doesn't mean anything less than a death is a non issue. I hope she realises this soon :flower:

The number of homes Ive seen since mine went on the market last July, which have sold under my nose while mine doesn't, is horrendous. The market is completely different in the area I'm in compared to where I'm trying to move.

Honestly wait till you get an offer before setting your heart on somewhere xxxxx

We showed an interest at exactly the wrong time, just before we offered she dramatically dropped the price which was good for us but also created a lot more interest. I didn't realise I was going about this all the wrong way. Thank you for replying, I really hope you get yours sold soon!

:hugs: I haven't had this but it must be absolutely gutting. I'm so sorry! You may well find something better though.

We showed an interest at exactly the wrong time, just before we offered she dramatically dropped the price which was good for us but also created a lot more interest. I didn't realise I was going about this all the wrong way. Thank you for replying, I really hope you get yours sold soon!

Thanks hun, I really hope it all comes together for you soon as well and you find somewhere perfect xxx

I totally sympathise, we were gazumped on a house we loved 7 years ago and I was heartbroken. Fortunately for us the other offer fell and we eventually ended up buying it at the price originally accepted. We lived there 6 years. My parents were gazumped on a gorgeous house hours before they were due to exchange, so because nothing was signed there was no legal comeback but they'd spent money on the survey. I remember my mum crying her eyes out.

As a pp said it's dangerous to look before selling your own tbh. As sellers ourselves we favoured an offer from someone ready to go over another buyer who offered a grand more but still had a property to move.

Oh no I couldn't imagine we just bought a house and we get our keys April 7th I would of been so sad if something happened to it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->