We made it through a whole month!!!

leash27

Mummy of 2
Reaction score
Silly post really but wanted to share my happiness at making through the first month of breastfeeding my baby girl! It's been tough and I was sure I would quit almost every day for the first 2 weeks but luckily I have a supportive DH and some great midwives who have been extremely helpful with getting things right for us!

My plan is to try and get to 6 months before I start weaning in preparation for going back to work. Hopefully I can keep it up that long as I really really want to. The only thing I struggle with now is the evening cluster feeds, these are often lasting from 6pm til 10pm which isn't much fun for my 3 year old as he barely gets any time with me but I guess it's not forever is it!

X

Congratulations!

It's not forever, it's a short period of time in the long scheme of things, and I think in some ways it's good for your toddler to see you looking after your baby, hopefully implant some seed in their brains for when they're older, demonstrate responding to other's needs etc. It gets easier. I can feed my 9 mo old just before I take toddler to bed, we all sit on the floor and have stories and cuddles in the toddlers room for 20 mins, then I say goodnight to toddler and take the baby to my room for quiet feeding to sleep. Now she's older she's not desperate to feed absolutely continuously, and is happy to wait those 20 mins or so.

I'm back at work, baby has formula whilst at work and I bf morning and night, it's working well for me, my supply seems to be fine.

Thank you!

To be fair to my DS, he has been great since DD arrived and he is getting plenty of time with daddy so he still gets a lot of attention. He adores his little sister and keeps lifting his top up and asking if he can feed her milk too lol!

Do you have to pump whilst you're at work or does your supply adjust to when baby is feeding? My job is part office based and part field based so I won't always have the facility to pump at work.

X

I've been back at work 3 weeks and it's rare I have to pump at work now, I did once a day the first few weeks, but my supply seems to have levelled out now. Last night I had one very sore and full boob on my way home from work so I was glad she had a big feed when I got in! But generally no it's fine :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->