We told our daughter and now I feel jinxed!

marigold91

Reaction score
So, we told our 4 year old (who has been BEGGING us a sibling for about a year now) that we are expecting our second! We told her at 12 weeks - or so we thought. I actually had another ultrasound that pushed me back to 10 weeks. She is sooooooo excited and obsessed with the idea, but that's only making me super paranoid that we've told her too early.

I know it's out of my hands and I can't *will* myself to have a healthy pregnancy. But I wasn't terrified of a miscarriage until we told our daughter. Something about how incredibly excited she was made me think of the worst. Any advice or maybe just some words to talk me off the ledge?!

I'm sure you will be fine, the risk of anything happening drops hugely after a heartbeat has been seen at 10 weeks, the chance of anything going wrong now is still really unlikely so I wouldn't stress yourself out over it :)

Everything will be fine don't worry :) I told my son basically after a few days of finding out so was like 5 weeks and it didn't jinx it. Enjoy your pregnancy and get excited too :))

I'm sure all will be fine, especially since you've already had an u/s :)

I told my daughter the night we found out. Her expression was priceless when I told her she was going to have a little brother or sister. I am only 6 weeks. You will be okay... your not jinxing anything. :)

At 10 weeks, your odds of miscarriage are so small. Especially if there is a strong heartbeat. I'm sure everything will be fine. :hugs:

We told my son when I was 5 weeks and I am still very much pregnant. :)

My boys are kissing ' mummy's baby' (my tummy) every day! It's amazingly sweet but it does make me worry too !!

I had a scan at 7.5 weeks and we saw heartbeat but have 12 week scan on Monday so really looking forward to that and being able to relax a bit! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->