Weaned - now very painful lump in breast...please help!

wishuwerehere

dh, me and 2dds
Reaction score
Hi all, I haven't been on here in a while but could really use some help.

I stopped breastfeeding my daughter about a week ago. We were down to just a bedtime feed and she wasn't really getting much, the last couple of times she fed she was latching on and gagging or spitting my nipple out and frowning. We'd ut down quite gradually but i just decided not to offer and she didn't look for it so that was that.

Anyway, now it's about a week later and for about the last 36 hours i've have a large lump in my right breast. It's soft and moveable and if i push down on it a little milk comes out of my nipple but trying to express off proper to clear anything is utter agony. It's getting more sore and noticeable but it doesn't have that red appearance i'd associate with mastitis. I also don't understand why it's come up now when i had no real discomfort the few days after weaning.

Does anyone have any ideas what this could be. I will go to the doc if still sore tomorrow but looking for any suggestions!

I've had mastitis loads of times and I never had the redness, just a very painful lump and a fever. It sounds like either mastitis if you're not feeling unwell then maybe a blocked duct. I have treated mine in the past by feeding off that side or you could express, and whilst I am doing that I massage the lump very hard with my whole fist towards the nipple. Hurts like CRAZY but removes any blockage. I then have a hot bath and carry on massaging, then put a heat pack against it. That regime has always worked for me and I have always managed to treat mastitis without antibiotics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qpurple547
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->