Weaning 4 month old

madisonsmum

Reaction score
Hi

I have started weaning my son on HV advice and he has taken to it really well, we are in our 2nd week so he is having 2 meals a day. His routine is...

6.30/7am - bottle plus 2 tea spoons of baby cereal
9/10am bottle
12ish bottle plus 3 tea spoons of some puree
3pm bottle
6.30/7pm bottle

All bottle are 7ozs

the problem is he will finish his early morning bottle and eat all the cereal however the other bottles he will only take 3/4ozs from them but is still hungry!, he eats all the luch time solids too. how can I get him to take more of his bottle? should I up the solids another tea spoon?

I appreciate any advice on this matter.

Thanks

Dillan went through that and i just gave him more solids because that's what he wanted.
He will have his milk if he is hungry hun,
At 5 and a half months the hv told me he should be getting at least 20 oz of milk and he was having about that. I have now dropped a bottle and he just has what he wants each feed, Try Leaving an hour between the bottle and giving the solids which is what the hv told me to do.
Luv Cheryl xxx

Hi hun, i had the same prob in the end i lowered all bottles down to six oz apart from the one before bed, i gave him his botte first thing in the morning when he woke up then 2 hours later gave him the cereal 3 spoons on its own the heinz breakfast fruit with yogurt then back to normal has another 3 bottles through the day then solids around 5 ish and make the last botte a 7oz then bed. I found he slept right through the night from then. Hope it helps x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->